Photographs: Lwow and Wilno in 1987

  • Basia
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2012
      It is these precious treasures which are shared and have such immense deep meaning – even for some members who are not directly linked – which make us such a brilliant group.
      Stefan – I am starting the New Year again thanking you again, from the bottom of my heart, for investing so very much of yourself in this spectacular project.
      I also thank each and everyone who posts and helps and I thought by now I had it all figured out and now numbers aro coming up and more layers will unfold about my father..
      January 1st 2013
      What a wonderful start to the year

      Basia  Zielinska (Sydney)

      From: Stanislaw Zwierzynski <zwierzinski1957@...>
      Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 01:51:24 -0800 (PST)
      To: "Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com" <Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] Photographs: Lwow and Wilno in 1987

      Dear Mark!

      You have made me truly royal gift!
      Thanks huge!
       Lviv - this is my favorite city.

      Then I did not have a color camera.
      In Vilnius, I was just in 1987, Why we do not meet?
      There, next to the Icon of Our Lady of Ostra Brama was the only active Orthodox Monastery of Holy Spirit.

      And in Lviv 1987 was the only Orthodox Church, and in 2012 it only remained. All churches from shops and hospitals have taken to Greek Catholics and dissenters from Kiev Patriarchate.

      Stan.