Kolydki [1 Attachment]

  • Stanislaw Zwierzynski
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2012
    • 4 MB

    Danuta!

    There are 1 carols of the old monastery choir .

    These monks (1985) have gone to eternal life, it is their message to us.

    Already at Lavra so not singing.

    The other two carols weigh more than 10 MB, I'll send you a personally

    Stan.
    Recent Activity:
    _______________________________________________________________________ * PLEASE PAY YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE & MAKE A DONATION: http://tinyurl.com/ks-contribute ____________________________________________________________ * Visit our merchandise & Bookstore: http://tinyurl.com/KS-Store _______________________________________________________________________ KRESY-SIBERIA GROUP & FOUNDATION "Research, Remembrance and Recognition of Polish citizens fighting for freedom in the Eastern Borderlands and in Exile during World War 2." _______________________________________________________________________ OUR WEBSITES * Discussion group        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kresy-Siberia/ * Virtual Museum          http://www.kresy-siberia.org/ * Facebook Page!          http://www.facebook.com/KSF.FKS * Memorial gallery        http://kresy-siberia.com/gallery * Kresy property claims   http://www.kresy-claims.org/ * Merchandise & Bookstore http://tinyurl.com/KS-Store _______________________________________________________________________ * To CONTACT the Group Moderators please send an e-mail to:   Kresy-Siberia-owner@yahoogroups.com * To SUBSCRIBE to the discussion group, send an e-mail   saying who you are and describing your interest in the group to:   Kresy-Siberia-subscribe@yahoogroups.com * To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an email to:   Kresy-Siberia-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    .
  • Barbara Milligan
    Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2012
      We had a choir from St. Petersburg last year all the way up here in the Scottish Highlands and they sang old Orthodox hymns very beautifully. It was uplifting and joyful. I wish everyone a peaceful and jolly Christmas and hope that the spirit of goodwill that the group had can be resumed and maintained for evermore.

      Our Wigilia is always our traditional one, but being a part British family we also have a traditional Christmas day lunch  - in the evening! (Rys, try to introduce goose - much nicer than turkey! ).

      Lucyna, do you have ryba po zydowsku? Take one pike, scrape the meat off it discarding the minions of bones, mix with ground almonds, seasoning, and whisked egg white and poach little balls of the mix in fish stock, then set in aspic. Decorate with cooked carrot slices cut into flower shapes and flat leaf parsely. Serve with halka or Polish rye bread. Mmm roll  on Wiglia!

      Happy Christmas!

      Basia (UK)

      On 19 Dec 2012, at 16:54, Stanislaw Zwierzynski wrote:

      Danuta!

      There are 3 carols of the old monastery choir .

      Those monks (1985) have gone to eternal life, it is their message to us.

      Already at Lavra so not singing.

      Stan.

    • Basia
      Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2012
        Stan
        I have been listening to all the Kolydki (carols) you have posted this week
        The voices are magical.
        Thank you for posting.
        I am reminded of my visit to Russia 15 years ago, where a friend from Moscow, (with whom, unfortunately I have lost contact)
        took me for the day to a very special place, the place where Christianity was first celebrated (I think I have this bit correct) in Russia.
        We travelled by train and it was a gorgeous place, a monastery with more than one church.
        It happened to be a feast day and there was a choir, a magnificent choir, of monks, singing responses to the lead singer.
        One of the great highlights of my travels.
        Wishing you a Blessed Christmas, with your family and a marvellous, optimistic New Year.

        Basia

        Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=3990911/grpspId=1705444571/msgId=53662/stime=1355936131/nc1=4507179/nc2=3848621/nc3=4025291
      • Stanislaw Zwierzynski
        Message 4 of 5 , Dec 22, 2012

          Dear Basia!
          Pochayiv Lavra Choir - it is something special even in our excellent Orthodox music. There is a special spirit, the spirit of strength and humility at the same time. It is very difficult to understand for democratic Western man, who does not know reality of our existence in the Soviet Union and even in Russia.

          In Pochayiv Lavra (Lavra - is great monastery) as early as in 1960 years in "Khrushchev thaw" many monks were killed just for the fact that they were monks. Hounded them, crushed cars, stripped and took away 20 kilometers from the monastery in the field and throwing in snow.
          What is the NKVD-KGB, I know not by hearsay, I specifically talked about the victims. And I hate, when people are sitting in a warm place (many especially in Canada) begin to think about the processes in Russia.
          And make absolutely wrong conclusions.

          On the territory of Lavra until 1988 was a regional psychiatric hospital (note - usually located in the center of region - Ternopil, which is 120 km to the south). In the evening, and sometimes during the day loonies released to the main territory, they attacked the monks were beaten and sometimes killed them.
          Basia, you probably do not know this, but the Orthodox monk forbidden to beat a man, even when it is necessary. This is the Constitution, and it is severe.

          I could tell you a lot about soviet-Russian life, but not today. I'll send you the best chants of the monks from Pochaev Lavra. There once was the Mother of God, and of stone on top of the mountain formed a water source, which is not yet exhausted.

          Let our faith does not dry out. No need to feel sorry for our parents and grandparents, who devoured communism. They - characters, and the Lord knows all their names. They need to be proud of and share the memory of the heroic extended. We should feel sorry for.
          But on this day before Christmas I want to wish you and your family joy (of the Savior born) and all kinds of spiritual blessings.
          Pure heart and pure intentions next year.
          Stanislav.