Polish government assets

  • Dan Ford
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
      I have been told that the gold reserves smuggled out of Poland in 1939
      were, in the end, transferred (by the British, presumably) to the Warsaw
      regime in 1945, or anyhow when the British recognized the Warsaw government.

      Is that true? It seems very unlikely to me, because how then would the
      exile government in London have had the resources to establish schools
      and provide scholarships to university students etc?

      - Dan Ford US
    • Chris Gniewosz