RE: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] People of 2 Corps event and project

  • LenardaSzymczak
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 20, 2012

      Aneta, thank you for your report on the launch of “People of Polish 2 Corps”.  This is a much needed edition to Kresy-Siberia Foundation and I commend Krystyna Szypowska and all others, for putting in the humungous effort, extraordinary effort to compile all this information in the fresh, open, human way that is now the Trade Mark of Kresy-Siberia Group. A form that is understood by all peoples and all nationalities, to reach over the entire world, as this is where we were scattered and now tell our individual story, so the world is aware of the truth.

      It is through projects, such as this that the true history of our people, the Kresy people is known.  If we do not speak, then no one will know or listen, but if only one listens and tells another, this is enough to sow the seed of truth and correct the imbalance of history, with acknowledgement, respect and honour of our loved ones lost and the incredible journey undertaken by the survivors and the hardships faced by their children.  This opens a completely new avenue of research, which is much needed. Thank you.  (Now we know why Krystyna and others were so quiet, they were extremely busy, working for Group – we owe them much, in support and praise and thanks).

      Well done, this is the first step of many to come.

      Warmest regards,

      Lenarda, Australia

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 20, 2012
        Very impressive; after all of the hard work, you should be very proud.
        Thanks for making us look good!

        Mark T.
        Canada

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 20, 2012
          Aneta

          This is absolutely incredible.
          I want to add my thanks for your – and everyone else's – input.
          Your work is priceless and the best testimonial to all involved, touched by, suffered, survived – so we can be where we are today.
          Congratulations

          Basia Zielisnka (Sydney)

          From: Aneta Hoffmann <aneta.hoffmann@...>
          Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:49:45 -0700
          To: <Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com>

        • Carol Hornby-Clements
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
            Thank you so much for this.
            Carol UK

            --
            Carol C
            http://carolcsstuff.blogspot.com

          • Basia
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
              This is brilliant. Many thanks for your efforts. We at KS are most fortunate to benefit from your generosity of time and energy.

              Basia Zielinska (Sydney)

            • Krystyna Szypowska
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
                Thank you Basia.  I’m glad that you appreciate the Special Exhibition we did on the Second Corps.  Of course, it all started with the veterans who agreed to participate and share their stories with us.  Several members of the team came together to gather the materials, record and process the testimonies, translate the texts, and upload everything into the format that you see online.  You can read more about who was involved in the About this Exhibition section.  Four of the bios remain to be completed in the coming days, and of course, all of the interview clips need to have translations added to make the exhibit completely bilingual, so there are still many hours to go before it is fully finished.  It is heartening and encouraging to know that the efforts are so well appreciated.

                Kind regards,

                Krystyna

                -----

                Krystyna Szypowska - Winnipeg, Canada

                This is brilliant. Many thanks for your efforts. We at KS are most fortunate to benefit from your generosity of time and energy.

                Basia Zielinska (Sydney)

              • Helen Bitner

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
                    Dear members, first of all I apologize but I feel the need to make a note that I hope will not be taken to evil.
                    The project People of the Polish Second Corp is beautiful, unfortunately, once again I could see that just about Monte Cassino, Ancona and Bologna, the rest does not matter. This I discovered seven years ago when the history of Poles in Italy enamored me so much that I decided to be able to stiduare thoroughly and restiotuirla to new generations. At that time I realized that between Egypt and Montecassino there was a hole, no one spoke of the landing in Puglia, the region chosen by Anders as a backwater of Monte Cassino, the site chosen to study those young soldiers who have discontinued their studies in by reason of captivity in the USSR, the place where you can rebuild, according to the plans of Anders, the future leaders of Poland. but there was no trace of Apulia, and to my regret I find that still do not talk about, but here in Puglia our elders still remember with affection those who received military reciprocated hospitality and helping the civilian population. Many of our elderly are moved again to the word Poles, many of them had saved his life thanks to the intervention of Polish doctors and hospitals in Casamassima and  Palagiano, many soldiers have become honorary citizens as a sign of gratitude on the part of the population, the same Narebski is an honorary citizen of Alessano, Colonel Tadeusz Sokolowski is an honorary citizen of Casamassima and so many others, Lipinski studied in Matino, Gradolsielska had its base in Palagianello.
                    Excuse me, but here we have written a page in history of war, of true humanity and brotherhood between our grandparents and Polish soldiers, a continuation of brotherhood which links Italy to Poland for almost 500 years and just in Puglia All Began .
                    I apologize to all of you.
                    Thank you,
                    Gianluca Vernole

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
                      Dear Gianluca,

                      I am sorry that the project appears to have upset you.  The project is simply a selection of people who agreed to participate in the exhibit, and who provided the information about their story.  We would have loved to include more people and more stories in the exhibition, but our resources were limited for this project.

                      Next month we will be introducing the Second Corps GALLERY, a much larger project about the army, and in it you will find that all the areas you mention are indeed included.

                      Kind regards,

                      Krystyna

                      -----

                      Krystyna Szypowska - Winnipeg, Canada

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013

                        Gianluca,

                        It is truly remarkable that Polish People, Kresy People in Exile, touched so many other Nations around the Globe.  We should slowly put together these stories, fill in these gaps, not just the main events.   I also understand that our funds are limited and our people of expertise to assist are also limited, but it should be considered to be done in the future as this is history to all of us and very impressive to be considered part of communities of another Nationality and Language.  This is a true honour to all the Polish Exiles and I am certain many of us, like me, were not aware of any connection or travel through the areas mentioned.

                        Thank you for showing us another direction of research

                        Lenarda, Sydney, Australia

[...]

                      • Elzunia/Elizabeth Gradosielska/Maczka
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
                          Happy New Year Gianluca!
                          Please do not despair - there is much work left to be done on the Virtual Museum.
                          In the meantime, your exhibition is here for everyone to look at and learn:
                          http://kresy-siberia.org/hom/element/english-miscellaneous/commemorative-exhibitions-medals-stamps-coins-etc/exhibition-in-casamassima-italy-the-poles-in-la-puglia-from-1944-to-1946-a%c2%80s-a-story-in-black-and-white/

                          best wishes
                          Elzunia Olsson
                          Sweden
                          my father Jerzy Gradosielski was one of the many wounded soldiers who was taken care of at the hospital in Casamassima.