Introducing new member Sophia Podrozny from Guelph, Ontario, Canada

  • Helen Bitner
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2012
    • 3.2 MB
    Please welcome new member  Sophia to the group. Her father's name is Emil Podrozny (1918-1994). He was from Kociubince, Ternopil but  was relocated to a small villiage, Ruda Zmigrodska, near Wroclaw, in Poland.
    Sophia would like to find out where he was deported to  and also more about his experience from the time of the German invasion to his deportation. Also she hopes to discover  how he made his way to join Anders army and has  attached a photo of him at his time of enlistment. (I hope the attachment works ok as I'm never sure about this).
    He joined the Polish II Corps, Engineers, and served at Monte Cassino. Sophia has his discharge papers  and his awards. He went to Canada from England in 1950.
    Welcome once again Sophie and I wish you much success in your research.
    Kind regards
    Helen Bitner
    Colchester
    UK