Re: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] RECORDS Nowakowska/ski Family EXIST in AUSTRALIA

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
      To be fair, Halina only said they were not on the Gen Langfitt.  It appears that they did come to this Southern Paradise on different ships!

      Best regards
      Stefan Wisniowski
      Sydney Australia

      On 03/09/2012, at 19:59, "George" <ghelon@...> wrote:

      Stanislaw,

      Contrary to what Halina [NZ] wrote THERE ARE RECORDS OF YOUR FAMILY in the National Archives of Australia [NAA].

      Item details for: A12013, 516-518
      Title: NOWAKOWSKA Antonina born 5 May 1910; Marian born 7 September 1944; Genowefa born 3 January 1932

      Here is the Record URL: http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/DetailsReports/ItemDetail.aspx?Barcode=4951814

      The NAA Archival Records are a goldmine; you can get correspondence, pictures, letters, birth, death, marriage, divorce certificates - infact, always a surprise!

      From these records you should be able to get address of Sponsors, etc. If you get a copy of the Records they will go online too, so someone may contact you in the future as well.

      I had cousins in Australia that would not give me any information whatsoever on their family, just waited the mandatory 25 year embargo and got what I wanted - and more! GOOD LUCK!!

      I have been doing Archival Research for 32 years and THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NO RECORDS; although, they maybe located not where you think - they were meticulous in those days gone; the world over!

      [Wieslaw] George Helon
      HELON/ZIELINSKI/MULKA families Krzywe/Pawlow/Radziechow to Mucznaja, Arkhangelsk
      MISIURA family from Wolka Lubieszowska to Ujma, Arkhangelsk

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "halinamcd" <redcube@...> wrote:

      > Stanislaw
      >
      > There is no record of the Nowakowski family arriving in Australia aboard the USAT General Langfitt in February 1950
      >
      > http://immigrantships.net/v5/1900v5/generalclangfitt19500214.html
      >
      > but the Nowakowski family is mentioned in this article about Wheaton Aston Camp
      >
      > http://www.polishresettlementcampsintheuk.co.uk/wheatonaston1.htm
      >
      > "Marian Nowakowski with his mother Antonina and sister Genowefa sailed to England on the Dundalk Bay from Mombasa to Hull arriving on the 2nd September 1950. They lived in Wheaton Aston camp for many years. He is in all the photos taking an active part in the life of the camp. Today Marian is still very active in the White Eagle Polish Club in Stafford".
      >
      > If you think this is the Nowakowski family you are looking for, you can contact Marian Nowakowski, the secretary of the White Eagle Polish Club at this address and telephone number:
      >
      > The Polish White Eagle Club
      > Riverway
      > Stafford
      > Staffordshire
      > ST16 3TH
      > United Kingdom
      >
      > Telephone number: 01785 242327
      >
      > Kind regards
      >
      > Halina (NZ)
      >

      > --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "stakon48" <stanislaw@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I wonder if any members in Australia can help me?
      > >

      > > I&#8217;m looking for the members of my family or their descendants. The family were deported to Siberia and all contact was lost. I now know that they arrived from Mombasa, Africa at Freemantle, Australia, on-board the General Langfitt on the 15th February 1950.
      > >

      > > The family members are:
      > >

      > > 1.Antonina Nowakowska, daughter of Cyprian, born 05.05.1910
      > >
      > > 2.Genowefa Nowakowska, daughter of Wladyslaw, born 03.01.1932
      > >
      > > 3.Marian Nowakowski, son of Wladyslaw, born 07.09.1944
      > >
      > > 4.Wladyslawa Nowakowskiego, son of Wladyslaw, born 1928, who arrived in Melbourne 12th May 1950.
      > >

      > > If anyone can locate what happened to my family once they arrived in Austraila then I would be very greatful.
      > >

      > > Stanislaw

    • kim g
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
        Hello Stanislaw
        Do you know if Marian's middle name was Stanislaw?
        I have found a record for some one by that name in Queensland on a electoral roll.

        Regards
        Kim

        To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
        From: redcube@...
        Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 09:21:43 +0000
        Subject: [www.Kresy-Siberia.org] Re: I wonder if any members in Australia can help me?

        Stanislaw

        There is no record of the Nowakowski family arriving in Australia aboard the USAT General Langfitt in February 1950

        http://immigrantships.net/v5/1900v5/generalclangfitt19500214.html

        but the Nowakowski family is mentioned in this article about Wheaton Aston Camp

        http://www.polishresettlementcampsintheuk.co.uk/wheatonaston1.htm

        "Marian Nowakowski with his mother Antonina and sister Genowefa sailed to England on the Dundalk Bay from Mombasa to Hull arriving on the 2nd September 1950. They lived in Wheaton Aston camp for many years. He is in all the photos taking an active part in the life of the camp. Today Marian is still very active in the White Eagle Polish Club in Stafford".

        If you think this is the Nowakowski family you are looking for, you can contact Marian Nowakowski, the secretary of the White Eagle Polish Club at this address and telephone number:

        The Polish White Eagle Club
        Riverway
        Stafford
        Staffordshire
        ST16 3TH
        United Kingdom

        Telephone number: 01785 242327

        Kind regards

        Halina (NZ)

        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "stakon48" <stanislaw@...> wrote:

        > I wonder if any members in Australia can help me?
        >

        > I&#8217;m looking for the members of my family or their descendants. The family were deported to Siberia and all contact was lost. I now know that they arrived from Mombasa, Africa at Freemantle, Australia, on-board the General Langfitt on the 15th February 1950.
        >

        > The family members are:
        >

        > 1.Antonina Nowakowska, daughter of Cyprian, born 05.05.1910
        >
        > 2.Genowefa Nowakowska, daughter of Wladyslaw, born 03.01.1932
        >
        > 3.Marian Nowakowski, son of Wladyslaw, born 07.09.1944
        >
        > 4.Wladyslawa Nowakowskiego, son of Wladyslaw, born 1928, who arrived in Melbourne 12th May 1950.
        >

        > If anyone can locate what happened to my family once they arrived in Austraila then I would be very greatful.
        >

        > Stanislaw

      • halinamcd
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
          Stefan

          The National Archives of Australia

          http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/NameSearch/Interface/NameSearchForm.aspx

          "NameSearch" for "Nowakowska" does show an entry for the following:

          NOWAKOWSKA Antonina born 5 May 1910; Marian born 7 September 1944; Genowefa born 3 January 1932.

          The reference Series Number: A12013 refers to "Migrant Selection Documents for Displaced Persons who travelled to Australia per General Langfitt departing Mombassa, Kenya 3 February 1950"

          The passenger list for the General Langfitt departing Mombassa 30 Jan 1950 and arriving Fremantle 14 Feb 1950 does not show the surname "Nowakowski/a". Neither does the "Appendix 1 – Passenger List" from "The General Langfitt Story":

          http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/refugee/langfitt/pdf/appen1.pdf

          A Nowakowski family travelled on to England later that year, arriving in Hull aboard the Dundalk Bay on 2 September 1950:

          http://www.polishresettlementcampsintheuk.co.uk/wheatonaston1.htm

          http://www.polishresettlementcampsintheuk.co.uk/passengerlist/tengeru.htm

          with Genowefa and Marian listed as the stepchildren of Jan Alechnik, husband of Antonina (as first posted on the Kresy-Siberia discussion site by Janusz Zajaczkowski, London on 18 August 1912).

          To determine whether or not this family is the Nowakowski family that Stanislaw Koniarek is looking for, a telephone call to Marian Nowakowski of the White Eagle Polish Club in Stafford may resolve matters.

          Kind regards

          Halina (NZ)

          --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Wisniowski <stefan.wisniowski@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > >
          > > > There is no record of the Nowakowski family arriving in Australia aboard the USAT General Langfitt in February 1950
          > > >
          > > > http://immigrantships.net/v5/1900v5/generalclangfitt19500214.html
          > > >
          > > > but the Nowakowski family is mentioned in this article about Wheaton Aston Camp
          > > >
          > > > http://www.polishresettlementcampsintheuk.co.uk/wheatonaston1.htm
          > > >
          > > > "Marian Nowakowski with his mother Antonina and sister Genowefa sailed to England on the Dundalk Bay from Mombasa to Hull arriving on the 2nd September 1950. They lived in Wheaton Aston camp for many years. He is in all the photos taking an active part in the life of the camp. Today Marian is still very active in the White Eagle Polish Club in Stafford".
          > > >
          > > > If you think this is the Nowakowski family you are looking for, you can contact Marian Nowakowski, the secretary of the White Eagle Polish Club at this address and telephone number:

        • JanZ
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2012
            Halina,

            As well as recording that the Nowakowski family arrived on General Langfitt in February 1950, the Australian archives also show that they also have the details of a Genowefa Nowakowska in file bar code number 4804302. These seem to be "Alien Registration documents" from 1956. This also states that Genowefa arrived on General Langfitt in 18th June 1949. Strange that the archives seem to mention the families arrival, but none of the General Langfitt documents have them listed. Any idea why?

            The file at http://www.polishresettlementcampsintheuk.co.uk/passengerlist/tengeru.htm states that the list is from Tengeru dated 28th April 1950 and that it is not a passenger list. It does however comment that the majority travelled to Hull on the Dundulk Bay in September 1950.

            Maybe there are two Nowakowski families with the same names: mother Antonina, daughter Genowefa and son Marian, but this does see unlikely. Is it possible that they were on the list for the journey to Australia, but for some reasons did not board. Then travelled later to England?

            You are right that a call to Marian Nowakowski may clarify things. Stanislaw now has Marian's home number.

            Janusz