Mom's Story - Eugenia Lipinska Stankiewicz

  • sischris52
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 3:49 PM
      Hello everyone!

      I would like to share with you our ( my sister, Barbara and I ) Mom's
      story of her deportation experiences to Siberia. When she and her
      sister came to the U.S. our cousins asked her to write down her
      experiences, which were then translated from Polish to English. The
      title FREED "OD KARTOFLE DO KARTOSZKI" which means FROM POTAOTES -
      the Polish word TO POTATOES - the Russian word, was the saying my Mom
      said because the Russians claimed that they were freeing them from
      Poland to something better. My Mom remembers my aunt, Wladzia, being
      put through the cattle train window with a rope around her to gather
      frozen potatoes or those that were thrown out by the Russian soldiers
      who were there before them.

      A friend of mine put this story up on the web on the following link:
      www.anndee.com/tina/mom_story.htm

      Stefan has been very helpful and has offered to put this link up as a
      Document in the Kresy-Siberia Group Files. The File Document is
      being updated at present, but when completed it will be posted.

      Sister Christine Marie