Re: [Kresy-Siberia (est.2001)] Ukrainian list, Bykownia, Muskus and Szewczyk

  • Dan Ford
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 1, 2012
      Oh indeed, the April deportees were precisely the families (fairly
      widely define, as it turned out, though Beria was fairly specific about
      it) of those condemned to death in March. I think it was the March 5
      directive that ordered the troops to collect the home addresses. One of
      the speakers at the Katyn Genocide conference last year made the
      statement that this was done by telling the men they could write home,
      then noting the addresses, though when I emailed her for a supporting
      citation I did not get a reply. -- Dan Ford, New Hampshire USA

      On 7/1/2012 1:09 PM, petermuskus wrote:
      > I do wonder if there is a direct connection between those on the Katyn
      > lists and those families arested in the April roundup
    • Mark
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 4, 2012
        See Helens attachment from Behind Closed Doors.
        It suggests the prison executions were of similar design, only the forest slaughter was different.
        It also mentions the 'interview' prior to shooting, and the plan to deport the families so it is logical to me that part of the interview included confirming the family's whereabouts.
        They always thought they might be going home; they even had a vaccination shot to convince them of this.
        Mark
        Canada