Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: Off Topic I am seeking all comments on the Khrushchev Remembers Book

  • Julian Plowy
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2012
      Thanks to all who have responded. Good background information that I will keep in mind as I read the book.

      For anyone who might be interested I have finished reading the following books  Comrade J and A Train to Potevka both are excellent. I would recommend both.

      Comrade J should be read for an excellent insight into the workings of the KGB and SVR parts of the Russian/USSR Government agencies. Comrade J also reinforces the fact that Russia continues to produce lies and misinformation as a general practice and that Putin is not much different in his thinking and actions then during the past history of the Stalin/USSR/Russian regime.

      A Train to Potevka is a true story of American spy working inside Russia and his escape from Russia after his cover was compromised.

      Julek

      On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Lenarda Szymczak <szymczak01@...> wrote:

      Oh my gosh, I did not know you lived there as well. Did you read the links as to her address? Google has pages on her. She changed her name and became a recluse.  Wouldn’t you if you had a father like Stalin and the entire world hated you and all those connected with you, by choice or by life event? She only died last year 22 November, 2011 in a nursing home as a crazy lady, on various psychotic medications and alone. She did not have a choice in who her father was and once she could, she ran from him.

      Thank you for the sign off and country. as you can see we are all scattered around the world and by signing and putting country, we know who and where we are and each of us has different skills and knowledge.

      Regards

      Lenarda

      Sydney, Australia