Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Booklist and HTML volunteer - was: Polish refugees in Teheran...to Stefan Wisniowski

  • Marek K
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 3, 2011
      Hi Stefan,

      Always ready to help with any html/website work.

      Marek

      Lwów, Kazakhstan, Tehran, Tengeru, Liverpool, Penley Wales, England

      From: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of StefanTo: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: Polish refugees in Teheran

      Hi Teresa

      It's been years since we have been in touch. How are you? Is your book still in print? We would like to promote it to our members, of course.

      SYDNEY Australia

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Hintzke@... wrote:

      > Hi,
      > A short answer to most of all your questions since I was one of the children
      > that came to Teheran in 1942 from Krasnovosk.
      > 1. The photo might have been taken in winter when it does get cold. And we
      > did were sheepskin coats. In Isfahan , where I was with 2000 other Polish
      > children, we did get snow at times.
      > 2. There were at least 3 camps in Teheran.
      > 3. People were sent to different locations: men and women of age were sent
      > to Iraq and Palestine for retraining. Children, most of them either orphans
      > or one parent who was in the army, were in Isfahan , Iran . Then there were
      > some sent to India , Uganda , South Africa , New Zealand and Santa Rosa Mexico .
      > I have written and published a book on my and my family's trek titled "Six
      > Years 'til Spring" A Polish Family's Odyssey. You can find out more about the
      > book on my web site:sixyearstilspring.com.
      > Teresa Mikosz-Hintzke

    • Andrew Stephen
      Message 32 of 32 , Jul 3, 2011
        Hi Stefan,