Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Obituary

  • Steve Sobot
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 9, 2011
      Dear Joanna, you put it so beautifully "We  celebrate her life, and mourn her death".
      I have just lit a candle for her, your centenarian father and all of your family.
      With much respect and every good wish,
      Steve

      On 09/06/2011 01:42, Joanna Rabkin wrote:

      Drodzy-my mother Wiktoria Szablicka nee Cywinska-Puchala died on May 31 in her home in Clearlake
      Calif.
      She was born in Poland in1917,and lived with my father Marian in Wieleszczyzna.'
      Glembokie,and Budzyszcze near Krzywicze.

      In 1939 her father Capt.Wladyslaw Cywinski was arrested by the Bolsheviks and most likely executed
      in the prison in Wilejka.
      We were arrested in 1940 and transported to Siberia.We were packed in cattle train wagons,and went
      East for two weeks.Some perished during the journey.
      We received amnesty to join the Polish Army.We traveled by train,when we could.We camped in some
      Uzbeck's yards,and often slept on the railway platform.
        She lost a child in pregnancy,she almost died from typhus,but she survived and ended in Persia.
      Mother and I were sent to India.We traveled on Polish ship "Batory" and eventually ended in Valivade.
      Mother became a Red Cross nurse,and worked in camp hospital
        In 1947 we were reunited with Marian Szablicki in UK.He was in 2 Corps,with GenAnders.
      My father Marian will be 101 yrs old in July.
      We celebrate her life,and mourn her death.
      Joanna Szablicki Rabkin

    • farrah
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2011
        Dear Joanna,
        I send you my heartfelt condolence on this very sad news of your dear mother's demise. May God give you and your father strength to bear this great loss. Your essay on her life was moving and it read almost like my own mother's journey.With warmest regards,
        Farrah.

        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Steve Sobot <s.sobot@...> wrote:

        > Dear Joanna, you put it so beautifully "We celebrate her life, and
        > mourn her death".
        > I have just lit a candle for her, your centenarian father and all of
        > your family.
        > With much respect and every good wish,
        > Steve
        >
        > On 09/06/2011 01:42, Joanna Rabkin wrote:
        > >

        > > Drodzy-my mother Wiktoria Szablicka nee Cywinska-Puchala died on May
        > > 31 in her home in Clearlake
        > > Calif.
        > > She was born in Poland in1917,and lived with my father Marian in
        > > Wieleszczyzna.'
        > > Glembokie,and Budzyszcze near Krzywicze.
        > >
        > > In 1939 her father Capt.Wladyslaw Cywinski was arrested by the
        > > Bolsheviks and most likely executed
        > > in the prison in Wilejka.
        > > We were arrested in 1940 and transported to Siberia.We were packed in
        > > cattle train wagons,and went
        > > East for two weeks.Some perished during the journey.
        > > We received amnesty to join the Polish Army.We traveled by train,when
        > > we could.We camped in some
        > > Uzbeck's yards,and often slept on the railway platform.
        > > She lost a child in pregnancy,she almost died from typhus,but she
        > > survived and ended in Persia.
        > > Mother and I were sent to India.We traveled on Polish ship "Batory"
        > > and eventually ended in Valivade.
        > > Mother became a Red Cross nurse,and worked in camp hospital
        > > In 1947 we were reunited with Marian Szablicki in UK.He was in 2
        > > Corps,with GenAnders.
        > > My father Marian will be 101 yrs old in July.
        > > We celebrate her life,and mourn her death.
        > > Joanna Szablicki Rabkin

      • Krystyna Szypowska
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13, 2011
          Droga Joanna,

          I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.  She was a lady who experienced great loss and great joy, and it is fitting that her life should be celebrated. I do not doubt that your own survival through those dark days of deportation, were due to her diligence and devotion.

          My sincere condolences go to you, your father, and your family.  My deepest hope is that our Virtual Museum will help, in some small measure, to honour your parents’ sacrifices.

          With heartfelt sympathy,
          Krystyna

          --
          KRYSTYNA SZYPOWSKA
          Executive Director, Kresy-Siberia Foundation