Re: Index of surnames from cemetary Łyczakowski , Lwow

  • Stephanie Reeve
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2011
      Thank you for posting this list!
      My great-grandfather, Bronislaw Szwarce, is on this list.
      Although I knew that he was buried in Lvov (there is a monument to him there apparently)
      I did not really know which cemetery. . . and it is quite a thrill to see his name there.
      Now, if I could only find out what happened to his son, my grandfather, that would be
      very exciting indeed! He disappeared in 1939, along with so many others, after putting my
      father and two brothers (my uncles) on a train to Moscow after Poland was invaded.
      He was never heard from again. . .
      My husband and I are planning our first trip to Poland this summer, and although we will not make it to Lvov, we will be in Warsaw and then drive (or take the train) to Gdansk, where they (my grandfather, father and two brothers) arrived from the US in 1937.
      As we plan our trip, any suggestions for travel in Poland would be most welcome and appreciated!
      Best Regards,
      Stephanie (Szwarce) Reeve

      Sent from my iPad