Peter Weirs film

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2011
      I attended the Melbourne premier of Peter Weirs latest film "The Way Home" -
      loosely based on Slawomir Rawicz's book "The Long Walk".

      I was amazed how sensitive Peter Weir is to the Polish historical and
      diaspora narrative. The ending made me very emotional as I realised that my
      father and most of his airmen buddies did not live to see a free Poland

      At the end of the film and during the Q&A section he asked the Sibirak
      survivors to stand up and identify themselves. This was a proud moment.
      Also one of the questions asked was why this historical narratives has not
      been presented in the West before

      The Kresy Siberia group was also acknowledged in the credits

      If you have a chance - you must see it

      Lucyna