Horochow

  • wendyrajska
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
      Hi all

      Does anyone know anything about the Gymnasium school in the town of Horochow, circa 1939? I am trying to find out what happened to two girls who boarded there - Jagdzia and Pola Rajska. Their family was taken in Feb 1940 from the Osada Pomorzanka, and they never knew what became of the girls. I know that sometimes the soldiers came back for children who were staying elsewhere, but I can't find any evidence of that happening in this case.

      Is it possible that they were taken to Germany for forced labour?

      Any clues would be a great help

      Best wishes

      Wendy Rajska

      Rajski - Pomorzanka
      Krauzy - Boratyn
      Kaminski-Janowka/Wojtowko
      Wasilewski - Wojtowko
    • janusz_ks
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "wendyrajska" <wendyrajska@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know anything about the Gymnasium school in the town of
        > Horochow, circa 1939? I am trying to find out what happened to two
        > girls who boarded there - Jagdzia and Pola Rajska. Their family was
        > taken in Feb 1940 from the Osada Pomorzanka, and they never knew what
        > became of the girls. [...]
        >
        > Is it possible that they were taken to Germany for forced labour?
        Not in 1940.
      • BOB STYRNA
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
          Wendy,

          if they were taken from an "Osada" and in Feb 1940,  I would be extremely certain they were deported on those Feb 10, 1940 trains to Siberia.  The Russians pretty much focused on Osada/Kolonia residents as these would be certainly related to Polish soldiers that defeated the russian army  in 19918-1920 war.  You know,  "revenge" motivated.

          Zbigniew

          > Does anyone know anything about the Gymnasium school in the town
          > of Horochow, circa 1939? I am trying to find out what happened
          > to two girls who boarded there - Jagdzia and Pola Rajska. Their
          > family was taken in Feb 1940 from the Osada Pomorzanka, and they
          > never knew what became of the girls. I know that sometimes the
          > soldiers came back for children who were staying elsewhere, but
          > I can't find any evidence of that happening in this case.
          >
          > Is it possible that they were taken to Germany for forced labour?
          >
          > Any clues would be a great help
          >
          > Best wishes
          >
          > Wendy Rajska
          >
          > Rajski - Pomorzanka
          > Krauzy - Boratyn
          > Kaminski-Janowka/Wojtowko
          > Wasilewski - Wojtowko

        • thymetrax
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
            Witaj Wendy;
            Did you have a chance to check the repatriation records in Poland ? Our mom returend to Poland and she has a written record.

            I know of others from my fathers village who as children were in an orphanage returning/repatriating to Poland.

            They might have not escaped Sybir with Anders army but remained somewhere in a sierociniec/dom dziecka in the area of their gimnazia in Horochow area.

            Try The Benedyktyn nuns who were in that area as missionaries teaching young ladies from surrounding villages till 1945.
            http://www.anielinek.opoka.net.pl/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=233

            Is Pola short for Apolonia and Jagdzia for Jagdalena?

            Pozdrawiam Krystyna, Toronto