Re: [Kresy-Siberia] New Gallery for Kresy-Siberia Virtual Museum

  • m.karaczun@uea.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
      Dear Krystyna,

      Sorry for the delay in replying. (I have only returned to this email
      account after a year and half of not having access to it.)

      If it is not too late, I would like to suggest adding an "other settlers"
      category. For example, there were many ethnic Czechs in the Komorowka
      area since the early to mid 1800s. Komorowka (now Komorivka) is north of
      Brody in current day western Ukraine.

      All the best!

      Dr. Mark Karaczun
      Norwich, United Kingdom

      My

    • John Binks
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2010
        Dear Mark

        I was interested to see your comments about "other settlers". My great grandfather Waclaw Papowszek (Papousek in Czech) was a Czech settler. He build a large house in Iwanczyce Nowe, which is about 15 km from Lutsk, and married Karolina Marcinkiewicz. Do you have some Czech ancestors who settled in Wolyn ?

        Kind regards

        Krystyna Binks (nee Papowszek)
        Reading UK