Re: New member: introduction

  • CJ Merfeld
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
       Hello all,
       I am interested in finding info about my father's family in Gluzy, located in
      Kielc Busko.  The last name is Krzemien.  I don't know the Polish spelling.  My
      grandfather was Gregory, killed in 1917-1918, not sure of exact date. My
      grandmother was Mary and there were 3 boys, John, Joe, Andrew & 2 girls, Tekla &
      Christine.  I also have another spelling for the area they were in:  Buskozruj,
      Kielc.  My dad was born in 1911, went to Siberia and was in the Polish army.
      Went to Canada where he recuperated from a back injury and met other Poles that
      chose to go there.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.  Thank U and God
      Bless.....CJ

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
        Please welcome my long time friend, CJ Merfeld to the group! I'm glad to see you joined, CJ! I'm sure you will learn a lot.

        I searched for your father's village, Gluzy, in Google and saw where it is located in southern Poland, but searching for Gluzy and Krzemien together only brought up the city Krzemien, not the surname. There are other ways to search for family names which I will try later.

        Again, welcome to the group! I will help you as much as I can. We will have to get together to talk soon.

        Barb Soja Revoet
        Connecticut