RE: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: New Album 3rd Carpathian...

  • danielle meyer
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
      Krystyna... i have just posted some photos of what i believe are Woodlands park. The album is a sub-album under Family members albums - DAnielleAugustyn-Meyer.

      My grandfathers name was Boleslaw AUGUSTYN... have a great trip !

      danielle

    • John Binks
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
        I think you're right Elizabeth.There are about 200 photos in this 'book' rather 7700,, and they are from the Sikorski Museum. I refer to it as a 'book' but it is more like a catalogue so no ISBN no Chris. We picked it up at an exhibition in Krakow a year or two ago. When I get time I'll have a look at the other 7500!

        Regards

        Krystyna Binks

        From: "wroblew705" <wroblew705@...>
        To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 23:30:49 -0000
        Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: New Album 3rd Carpathian...

        Hey Krystyna please post the ISBN number for that book.
        Chris..........

        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "John Binks" <lucylara@...> wrote:

        > Hello Danielle
        >
        > If you let me know your grandfather's name I can try to establish whether
        he was in Woodlands Park, Great Missenden through some of the people I know
        who were there. We are travelling to Krakow next Thursday so it will have to
        wait till I come back.

        > On a previous trip to Krakow we picked up a book published in Polish and
        Italian called '2 Korpus Polski w regionie Marche: 1944-46' I don't know
        whether it is known to any of the group but it is absolutely full of
        pictures from this period (I believe I can recognise my father). Is there a
        way to make it available to the group?

        > Regards
        >

        > Krystyna Binks
        > Reading, UK

        can give you is that my grandfather sent for his two children to be sent
        from Bombay to Liverpool on the TSS Empire Brent on 29th Nov 1947. they were
        two of 971 " Polish displaced persons" sent from orphanages in India. I have
        seen their names on the ships list. BUT that doesnt tell me how long he had
        been in England himself. I suspect he must have got their AFTER the war or
        he would have sent for them earlier???...but really I dont know.