Re: [Kresy-Siberia] New Album 3rd Carpathian...

  • John Binks
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2010
      Hello Danielle and John

      In your email John you refer to Woodlands Park, Maidenhead. During my introduction to the group I mentioned that I spent my early life in the Polish resettlement camp at Woodlands Park, Great Missenden and Danielle responded by saying that her grandfather was at Woodlands Park and that she had photos. So the question for you Danielle is, was your grandfather at Woodlands Park during the war, presumably in Maidenhead, or after the war, probably in Great Missenden?

      For those who are unfamiliar with the geography, Maidenhead and Great Missenden are about 15 miles apart and where the obuz was in Great Missenden there is now just a field.

      If your grandfather was in Great Missenden, Danielle, I would be interested in seeing any photos.

      Regards

      Krystyna Binks

      From: danielle meyer <sibylla25@...>
      Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] New Album 3rd Carpathian...
      To: "kresy-siberia group discussion" <kresy-siberia@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, 24 July, 2010, 10:09

      Division and just a few from woodlands park..

      After many technical difficulties and much hand holding from Elzunia.. I think i have a new album organised under my name DAnielle Augustyn Meyer 2 ( the first didnt work !) in the Members Gallery. I hope people can find a relative in there. I have no idea who anyone is where any were taken.

      Danielle Augustyn

      (cold australia)

    • danielle meyer
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2010
        Hi Krystyna,

        Well theres a good question... i have no one to ask but the information i can give you is that my grandfather sent for his two children to be sent from Bombay to Liverpool on the TSS Empire Brent on 29th Nov 1947. they were two of 971 " Polish displaced persons" sent from orphanages in India. I have seen their names on the ships list. BUT that doesnt tell me how long he had been in England himself. I suspect he must have got their AFTER the war or he would have sent for them earlier???...but really I dont know.

        Sorry I can't be more precise.

        Danielle Augustyn

        (australia)

      • John Binks
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
          Hello Danielle

          If you let me know your grandfather's name I can try to establish whether he was in Woodlands Park, Great Missenden through some of the people I know who were there. We are travelling to Krakow next Thursday so it will have to wait till I come back.

          On a previous trip to Krakow we picked up a book published in Polish and Italian called '2 Korpus Polski w regionie Marche: 1944-46' I don't know whether it is known to any of the group but it is absolutely full of pictures from this period (I believe I can recognise my father). Is there a way to make it available to the group?

          Regards

          Krystyna Binks
          Reading, UK

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
            Hey Krystyna please post the ISBN number for that book.
            Chris..........

            --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "John Binks" <lucylara@...> wrote:

            > Hello Danielle
            >
            > If you let me know your grandfather's name I can try to establish whether he was in Woodlands Park, Great Missenden through some of the people I know who were there. We are travelling to Krakow next Thursday so it will have to wait till I come back.
            >
            > On a previous trip to Krakow we picked up a book published in Polish and Italian called '2 Korpus Polski w regionie Marche: 1944-46' I don't know whether it is known to any of the group but it is absolutely full of pictures from this period (I believe I can recognise my father). Is there a way to make it available to the group?
            >
            > Regards
            >

            > Krystyna Binks
            > Reading, UK

          • Elizabeth Olsson
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
              I suspect these are the same photos that are on this site:
              Photos from Ancona
              There is a complete set of 7747 images from Le Marche region {Ancona} which
              are held in the Sikorski Museum in London.
              Numbered from 1 to 516 .....each number brings up 15 thumbnails.
              The pages are in both Italian and Polish.
              http://mg.cultura.marche.it/default_sik.asp?page=1&order=id

              Hey Krystyna please post the ISBN number for that book.
              Chris..........

              --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "John Binks" <lucylara@...> wrote:

              > Hello Danielle
              >
              > If you let me know your grandfather's name I can try to establish whether
              he was in Woodlands Park, Great Missenden through some of the people I know
              who were there. We are travelling to Krakow next Thursday so it will have to
              wait till I come back.

              > On a previous trip to Krakow we picked up a book published in Polish and
              Italian called '2 Korpus Polski w regionie Marche: 1944-46' I don't know
              whether it is known to any of the group but it is absolutely full of
              pictures from this period (I believe I can recognise my father). Is there a
              way to make it available to the group?

              > Regards
              >

              > Krystyna Binks
              > Reading, UK

            • wroblew705
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
                There are also an extensive albums of the II Polish Corps at fotohistoria http://www.fotohistoria.pl/main.php

                --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Olsson" <elzunia@...> wrote:

                > I suspect these are the same photos that are on this site:
                > Photos from Ancona
                > There is a complete set of 7747 images from Le Marche region {Ancona} which
                > are held in the Sikorski Museum in London.
                > Numbered from 1 to 516 .....each number brings up 15 thumbnails.
                > The pages are in both Italian and Polish.
                > http://mg.cultura.marche.it/default_sik.asp?page=1&order=id

              • danielle meyer
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2010
                  Krystyna... i have just posted some photos of what i believe are Woodlands park. The album is a sub-album under Family members albums - DAnielleAugustyn-Meyer.

                  My grandfathers name was Boleslaw AUGUSTYN... have a great trip !

                  danielle

                • John Binks
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 3, 2010
                    I think you're right Elizabeth.There are about 200 photos in this 'book' rather 7700,, and they are from the Sikorski Museum. I refer to it as a 'book' but it is more like a catalogue so no ISBN no Chris. We picked it up at an exhibition in Krakow a year or two ago. When I get time I'll have a look at the other 7500!

                    Regards

                    Krystyna Binks