Re: [Kresy-Siberia] welcome Richard Przewlocki

  • rlipinsk@gmu.edu
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2003
      Hi Ryszard!
      One more thing:
      Thanks for the poem. Your poem is great and I printed it and gave to my
      wife. She is reluctant to talk a nd write about her past - she has a
      great story to tell- in spite of constant requests from our children and
      grandchildren. Maybe this will change her mind.
      Thanks again
      By now
      Romuald
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 28, 2003
        Hi Barb,

        I was quite overwhelmed after receiving so many emails all at once. I have
        now gone through all of them and will sort myself out eventually.

        The poem which I quoted in my email is by my very good fried Zenek Kosiba
        who happens to live quite close to me. We have known each other since 1943
        from our school days in Africa and all the way to Australia to the present
        day. In fact we still see each other or regular basis.He has written a book
        of poems but this one is something special for us Syberians.

        In regard to the "Masters" work I feel it would be best to get in touch with
        the youg lady via the email which is : mmagdalena@...

        I have been corresponding with her for a long time and I am sure that she
        will be flattered to have her work included in the Kresy-Siberia group as
        she is obviously interested in this part of Polish history.

        Her name is Magdalena Maciejowska and the title of her work is:
        DEPORTACJE LUDNOSCI POLSKIEJ
        W GLAB ZWIAZKU RADZIECKIEGO
        W LATACH 1939-1941

        She does have some knowledge of the English language but I am sure that
        correspondence in Polish would be preferred.

        Praca magisterska napisana w Instytucie Historii
        pod kierunkiem dr.hab.Mieczyslawa Smolenia
        Uniwersytet Jagiellonski-Krakow 2002

        It is indeed a small world finding that your grandfather worked at the same
        place as my father and the place where I was born. I too wish that I had the
        wisdom to start writing things down when my mother was still alive.Now I
        have to work twice as hard trying to remember all that we lived through
        during this Polish Holocaust.

        Regards, Richard P.-Melbourne

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2003
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2003
            Hi Richard,
            Reading about the camp you were in rang a bell...my grandmother was in Bwana M'Kubwa, and my mother went to visit her there.  My grandmother was Helena Kazimierczak, and I have photographs of the camp.  My mother was in Ander's army, and received permission to go and visit her mother in Africa, because my grandmother, her mother, was very ill.  However, my grandmother got better and went on to live in England and then later, Canada.  However, if you were in primary school, I guess you were too young to know or remember others that were at this same camp.
            Teresa Daigle.