RE: [Kresy-Siberia] letters to Poland

  • Elizabeth Olsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 29, 2010
      Not sure what you mean here Basia …

      pozdrowienia
      Elzunia Gradosielska Olsson
      Alingsås, Sweden
      Names: Maczka. Gradosielski.
      Kresy: Osada Krechowiecka. Wilno.
      Siberia: Monastyriok. Siewzeldorlag, Komi.
      Army: Pestki 316 Transport. Sappers 5KDP.

      _____

      As usual, Google says it cannot find the contact. Basia (UK)
      From: Elizabeth Olsson < <mailto:elzunia%40alimail.net> elzunia@alimail. <mailto:elzunia%40alimail.net> net>
      To: <mailto:Kresy-Siberia%40yahoogroups.com> Kresy-Siberia@ <mailto:Kresy-Siberia%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 6:27 AM

      Hi Terry
      Our families were at the same posiolek, Monastyriok, Archangelsk. The camp commander Organ was apparently (relatively) understanding and compassionate towards the deportees. I think they were quite lucky to have landed there.

      My mother writes in her diary about receiving a package:
      "11th Nov 1940: Now the snow was falling more often and it was getting colder. We received a parcel from grandmother Salomea in Wolyn. We were all very happy with this - especially since it contained “opłatek� (communion bread), honey, sugar, biscuits and vegetable seeds - in the spring Helena would sow the seeds in our garden to provide vitamins which we so badly needed."

      pozdrowienia
      Elzunia Gradosielska Olsson
      AlingsĂĄs, Sweden