RE: [Kresy-Siberia] State Rehabilitaion [Exonertation] and the Dilemma of Being a Pole

  • Elizabeth Olsson
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009

      How did you know about or get this certificate? Is it something you applied for?

      How can our family members be pardoned for crimes they never committed? They were never accused of any crimes or sentenced by a court! Well, at least not the civilians who were sent to Posiolki.

      pozdrowienia
      Elzunia Gradosielska Olsson
      Alingsås, Sweden
      Names: Maczka. Gradosielski.
      Kresy: Osada Krechowiecka. Wilno.
      Siberia: Monastyriok. Siewzeldorlag, Komi.
      Army: Pestki 316 Transport.
      Sappers 5KDP.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
        "Elizabeth Olsson" wrote:

        How did you know about or get this certificate? Is it something you applied for?

        How can our family members be pardoned for crimes they never committed? They were never accused of any crimes or sentenced by a court! Well, at least not the civilians who were sent to Posiolki.

        ANSWER:

        I did not apply for any such Judgement of "Rehabilitation" and I had no idea such a Certificate was being sent to me.

        "Rehabilitation" in the context of the former Soviet Union, and the Post-Soviet states [Including the Ukraine], was the restoration of a person who was criminally prosecuted without due basis, to the state of exoneration.

        The restoration of one's former: status, rank, privileges, or rights; albeit, theoretically.

        I wonder if anybody else has received such a Document?

        [Wieslaw] George Helon
        Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
      • Aniela
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2009
          I received such certificate from Tarnopol, a request instigated by Memorial. A very helpful lady, Pani Olga Czeperova, Czlonek Komisji Polskiej, has also contacted other organizations on my behalf. i.e: Russian Red Cross, Uzbek Archives, etc. -all on her own initiative! It is no wonder they received an Award!

          Aniela
          Auckland N.Z.

          --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "George" <ghelon@...> wrote:

          > "Elizabeth Olsson" wrote:
          >
          > How did you know about or get this certificate? Is it something you applied for?
          >
          > How can our family members be pardoned for crimes they never committed? They were never accused of any crimes or sentenced by a court! Well, at least not the civilians who were sent to Posiolki.
          >
          > ANSWER:
          >
          > I did not apply for any such Judgement of "Rehabilitation" and I had no idea such a Certificate was being sent to me.
          >
          > "Rehabilitation" in the context of the former Soviet Union, and the Post-Soviet states [Including the Ukraine], was the restoration of a person who was criminally prosecuted without due basis, to the state of exoneration.
          >
          > The restoration of one's former: status, rank, privileges, or rights; albeit, theoretically.
          >
          > I wonder if anybody else has received such a Document?
          >
          > [Wieslaw] George Helon
          > Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia

        • Barbara Milligan
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2009
            How long did you have to wait for a reply? Did you write by e-mail or by post?

            Basia  (UK)

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 8, 2009
              Basia, I sent my first enquiry to Memorial April 2006 in Polish, Russian (with Antoni's help),and in English, by air mail. Archive Record Certificate received Dec.2006. Exoneration Certificate from Tarnopol received April 2007. Hope this answers your question.
              Aniela (NZ)