Archiwum Akt Nowych w Warszawie

  • Aniela
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      Tor those wanting to find people deceased in Iran, the above Archiwum may be of help as they have a "Rejestr zmarlych w szpitalu cywilnym w Teheranie w latach 1942-44". I just received copy of a document showing my baby brother's date and place of birth (Barnaul) and number of the old grave - no date or cause of his death as shown for some other people on the list.

      Also received copy of "VIIth Group of Poles for East Africa" where we are listed, together with our passport number. Interestingly, many people list their profession as "Agriculturalist and Agriculturess".

      Archiwum Akt Nowych
      ul. Hankiewicza 1
      02-103 Warszawa
      email: sekretariat@...

      Unfortunately, correspondence has to be in Polish and there is a charge for searching and photocopies.

      Aniela (NZ)