RE: [Kresy-Siberia] Droga Polskich Saperow

  • Frank Pleszak
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
    • 664 KB

    Silly me I didn't attach the photo, I should have also said that the circle at the northerly (bottom) of Gardziel is the Polish Sherman that is now a memorial.

    Frank

    --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "fpleszak" <frank@...> wrote:

    > A New Zealand friend is writing a book about the Battle of Monte Cassino and asks if anybody has a better copy of the attached picture. It shows Droga  Polskich  Saperow  ( Cavendish Road ) and the approaches to Massa Albaneta, with Phantom Ridge (Widmo) and SnakesHead Ridge clearly visible. Its taken looking south and the circles indicate the New Zealand tanks destroyed in the March offensive.

    > Thanks, Frank - Manchester

    dangerous content by Redstation Limited, and is
    believed to be clean.
  • wroblew705
    Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hey Frank is that the same photo from Bit-wa o Monte Cassino? In volume 2 is a landscape fold out of the same area, I can scan this if you like? Also my uncle was one of the mechanics that built the Sherman tank memorial, he was in that squadron's LAD"C". It's my understanding the loss of this crew really shook them up.