Re: Visit to Vilnius +Jerusalem Cross

  • Ann Drozdowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2009
      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "michael.matulewicz" <michael.matulewicz@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to all of you who responded and joined in to my quiery regarding my visit to my dad's home town of Vilnius (begining at post 34476 - May 21, 2009)

      Hi Michael,

      It was lovely to read your account of your visit to Wilno and amazing that you managed to find family and make that pilgrimage to the family grave. My husband, Kazik, was born in Wilno in 1926 and was deported from there to Siberia in 1941. It is a lovely city. We were there a few years ago. Kazik's home was still there. It is now called "Gedimino 9" and is a big shopping complex. Perhaps you went there?

      Best wishes.
      Ann Drozdowska
      Manchester