Osada Bajonówka

  • JackieR
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      I have been trying for a while to find out how Osada Bajonówka (the
      settlement my father came from) was named. I just wanted to share with the
      group (maybe someone else has an interest in Bajonówka as well), I recently
      received a copy of Kresowe Stanice Borderland Settlements for September 2007
      from www.osadnicy.org.

      As well as some really interesting information on the settlements and being
      in Polish with English translations (for those of us who unfortunately do
      not speak Polish), it had a really interesting excerpt on Bajonówka from a
      book written by Julia Kłusek called "Za mało żeby żyć, za dużo żeby umrzeć”
      ("Too Little to Live, Too Much to Die"). There is a paragraph in the book
      which reads:

      *"Our settlement was called Bajonówka, which was a name derived from the
      French town of Bayonne - the place of formation of the 45th Regiment."*

      Was really exciting for me to read through and get another little piece of
      information to add to the mighty empty jigsaw.

      Regards,
      Jackie Rzepka - NZ

    • Elizabeth Olsson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
        Hi Romuald

        Did you ever find the author of this poem?

        <<<I have on my computer a poem "10-ty Luty" Will the author come foreward and
        identify him/herself? I want to display this poem at the Launching of the
        Virtual Museum of KS at the Polish Embassy on Sept. 22.
        Tx
        Romuald>>>

        My mum thinks it is a relatively recent poem, probably in the magazines mentioned below, Kresowe Stanice. The contents of old issues seem to be on line so you might find it in one of these if you haven’t already done so.

        pozdrowienia
        Elzunia Gradosielska Olsson
        Alingsås, Sweden
        Names: Maczka. Gradosielski.
        Kresy: Osada Krechowiecka. Wilno.
        Siberia: Monastyriok. Siewzeldorlag, Komi.
        Army: Pestki 316 Transsport. Sappers 5KDP.

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
          Dear Jackie Rzepka,
          I wish to inform you that in our organisation in UK Ognisko
          Rodzin Osadnikow Kresowych OROK (Assiociation of Military and Civilian
          Settlers)
          we hane Mrs.Krystyna Ostrowska ( nee Chyzy) as a member living in
          England. Both Mrs.Krystyna Ostrowska and Genowefa Lacka (nee Nosek) have
          written short live stories in the book that our organisation published
          in (in Polish)1992 Z Kresow Wschodnich R.P. 1921-1940.
          I could arrange for you to get in touch with her.
          Chaiman of OROK
          Regards
          Ryszard Grzybowski

          I have been trying for a while to find out how Osada Bajon�wka (the
          settlement my father came from) was named. I just wanted to share with
          the
          group (maybe someone else has an interest in Bajon�wka as well), I
          recently
          received a copy of Kresowe Stanice Borderland Settlements for September
          2007
          from www.osadnicy.org.

          As well as some really interesting information on the settlements and
          being
          in Polish with English translations (for those of us who unfortunately
          do
          not speak Polish), it had a really interesting excerpt on Bajon�wka from
          book written by Julia K�usek called "Za ma�o �eby �y�, za du�o �eby
          umrze�"
          ("Too Little to Live, Too Much to Die"). There is a paragraph in the
          book
          which reads:

          *"Our settlement was called Bajon�wka, which was a name derived from the

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
            Dear Ryszard,
            Thank you for your response below. If you are able to put me in touch with
            Mrs Ostrowska I would appreciate it.
            Regards,
            Jackie Rzepka - NZ