Travels to Belarus

  • stefan gillian
    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 22, 2009
      Dear Group,

      I was hoping to travel to Belarus this summer to visit areas where Kresy father was born and grew up. I have run into a problem in that in order to make a visa application the Embassy in Ottawa requires an invitation from a Belarusian citizen or tourist agency. It seems that because I was wanting to travel by car from the Polish border with a Polish national to the area around Prozoroki, I am having trouble convincing tourist agencies in Minsk, or anyone else for that matter, to issue me an invitation. Does anyone know someone who would be willing to issue me an invitation?

      Cheers,
      Stefan Gillian
      Montréal

    • janusz_ks
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 20, 2011
        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Proko <lida_ancestors@...> wrote:
        > Unfortunately, Prozoroki is not listed
        It is listed here:
        http://catholic.by/2/belarus/dioceses/vitebsk/101049.html
        I have no idea whether contacts given there are up to date.