67 Years Ago Today

  • Alexandra
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 6:59 AM
      My Dad, Stanley Kowalski, woke up this morning saying what an important day today is. 67 years ago today he woke up a free man in Pahlevi, free of Russian influence. He remembers having a boiled egg for the first time in years. He has fond memories of the beach. And he remembers how good the Persians and British were to the Polish soldiers.
      Alexandra Everist
    • danielle meyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 3:45 PM
        I never underestimate the magic of this site. I have recently obtained a few photos of my granfather at the beach at Pahlevi with a few friends... did your father know Boleslaw Augustyn ? Okay its crazy to ask because so many people were there ! My grandfather Boleslaw was in the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division... Wouldnt it be amazing if i have a photo of your dad?

        I will be making an Album on the site soon of these photos. You are lucky to still have your dad...

        Danielle Augustyn

        (australia)

      • alex everist
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 6:17 PM
          Danielle:
          There is a picture of my Dad on my website & pictures from the war. Please check it out. Maybe your Dad is on there.
          www.alexandraeverist.com

          I never underestimate the magic of this site. I have recently obtained a few photos of my granfather at the beach at Pahlevi with a few friends... did your father know Boleslaw Augustyn ? Okay its crazy to ask because so many people were there ! My grandfather Boleslaw was in the 3rd Carpathian Rifle Division... Wouldnt it be amazing if i have a photo of your dad?

          I will be making an Album on the site soon of these photos. You are lucky to still have your dad...

          Danielle Augustyn

          (australia)

          The new Windows Live Messenger has landed. Download it here.
          http://download. live.com/