RE: [Kresy-Siberia] Re:Resettlement camps in Britain

  • Elizabeth Olsson
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1 4:51 AM
      Hi Marek

      Doesn’t your father’s military record from the MoD also include the Resettlement Corp? Both my parents’ do.

      pozdrowienia
      Elzunia Gradosielska Olsson
      Sweden

      _____

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1 5:00 AM
        Hi Elzunia,

        Data that I received from the MoD only mentions that he was discharged from PRC in 1949, no other details.

        pozdrawiam,
        Marek

        ________________________________

      • AtticusFinch1048@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1 5:50 AM
          Hi

          Mine didn't as my Grandfather didn't go in to a resettlement camp as he had
          married an English women in 1943, so therefore when he left the Polish
          Resettlement Corp in 1948 he had somewhere to live in the UK

          Paul

        • Elizabeth Olsson
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 1 3:18 PM
            That’s true, there aren’t any details.

            But the MoD probably has more documents – you have to ask for the complete file (so people keep telling us anyway).