Translations.

  • Barbara Dunleavy
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2009
      I want to say a big thank you to Rob, Jenny, Barbara Charuba, Kaz and Barbara Milligan
      for helping me with the translation as I requested.  What a wonderful group this is where people are always so ready help and always do so so quickly.
      I really am very grateful to you all.

      I did make a mistake when I wrote the name of the site down.  It should be - www.wolyn.eu
      The forum to which I made the request is - www.wolyn.eu/forum/viepoint
      I think, though, that unless people who go on the forum can read English and reply in English, then once more I will be lost.  It is a fault, I think, of we English as we always expect others to speak our language.  I keep thinking of starting to learn Polish, but it seems such a huge thing to try to do.

      I got the name of the site when I googled my father's village of Holatyn and found various sites which mentioned it.  There a lots of names of villages in Wolyn and some people have added, under the name of the village, information about their families or requests for information.  I added the names of our family but was unable to add what had happened to them as I do not know for sure.  I can only assume that they were victims of the 1943 massacres in that area.

      My best wishes to you all and to the rest of the group.

      Barbara Szczepanski Dunleavy
      Nottingham, England