ELLIS ISLAND IMMIGRATION MUSEUM

  • tinijoroga
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
      HI CAROL and GROUP:

      Do you remember, Carol, that a few months ago you posted some
      information on the Ellis Island Immigration Museum asking if any of
      us would be interested in contributing the story of our personal
      odyssey which in the end took us to the Land of the Free?

      Well, I took you up on that and submitted my family's story and
      today, I got a certificate acknowledging my contribution and a nice
      letter to go along with it. My Grandchildren are tickled pink that
      their Grandmother got published by such a prestigious institution and
      my Children, seemingly unobtrusively, already are passing on the web-
      site so their friends and co-workers can read their family's history.

      So for any of you who might also be interested in publicizing our
      common plight, check out Carol's message #30119 for information and
      do what I did – let the world know the little known facts of what
      happened to Poland and its people during WWII.

      BOZENA – Florida, USA
    • Elizabeth Olsson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2008
        Well done Bozena! If everybody does their little bit ….It’s lucky that you have your family story so well documented – all that work and time spent is paying off. Spread the word!

        Did you see that I’ve started an album on Dorovatka?

        http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/Dorovatka

        If anyone has photos from their camps (very rare of course!) please send them to me for the Deportation Albums on the Gallery

        http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/deportation

        Same applies to Life in Kresy Before Deportation

        http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/Kresy-before-deportations

        this doesn’t mean only osada/settlement life; all different kinds of life in Kresy need to be illustrated. If you send me copies of your photos (jpg files) I’ll start an appropriate album.

        pozdrowienia
        Elzunia Gradosielska Olsson
        Sweden
        Memorial Gallery Administrator
        <http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html> http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2008
          HI ELZUNIA:

          Yes, I just looked at the album and think it's great - THANK YOU!
          And may I return the compliment, beautifully done! How sad it is
          that we had no means then to record the conditions in those posioleks
          and our further odyssey. There are so few photographs available and
          they do not do justice to the misery experienced. Hope our
          membership's contributions expand this and other albums – we need to
          document and publicize. For too long, too many were silent - too
          busy rebuilding their lives, adjusting to new customs and traditions,
          assimilating to blend in rather than to stand out. Time to publicize
          our Polish Gehenna which was swept aside, overshadowed by other
          tragedies of those years.

          BOZENA

          --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Olsson"
          <elzunia@...> wrote:

          > Well done Bozena! If everybody does their little bit ….It’s
          lucky that you have your family story so well documented â€" all that

          Siberia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tinijoroga
          > Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:49 AM
          > To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] ELLIS ISLAND IMMIGRATION MUSEUM
          >

          > HI CAROL and GROUP:
          >
          > Do you remember, Carol, that a few months ago you posted some
          > information on the Ellis Island Immigration Museum asking if any of
          > us would be interested in contributing the story of our personal
          > odyssey which in the end took us to the Land of the Free?
          >
          > Well, I took you up on that and submitted my family's story and
          > today, I got a certificate acknowledging my contribution and a nice
          > letter to go along with it. My Grandchildren are tickled pink that
          > their Grandmother got published by such a prestigious institution
          and
          > my Children, seemingly unobtrusively, already are passing on the
          web-
          > site so their friends and co-workers can read their family's
          history.

          > So for any of you who might also be interested in publicizing our
          > common plight, check out Carol's message #30119 for information and
          > do what I did â€" let the world know the little known facts of what
          > happened to Poland and its people during WWII.
          >
          > BOZENA â€" Florida, USA

        • Elizabeth Olsson
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2008
            Yes members – now is the “time to publicize our Polish Gehenna” – and this will happen soon - through our Virtual Museum!

            So please dig through your family photos and documents and upload them to the Memorial Gallery – this material will be the basis of our Virtual Museum, for the world to see and learn.

            --- In Kresy-Siberia@ <mailto:Kresy-Siberia%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Olsson"

            Siberia@yahoogroups <mailto:Siberia%40yahoogroups.com> .com] On Behalf Of tinijoroga