RE: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: Research-Darovatka

  • Elizabeth Olsson
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 2, 2008
      http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/Siberia/Darovatka_station

      pozdrowienia
      Elzunia Gradosielska Olsson
      Sweden
      Memorial Gallery Administrator
      <http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html> http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html

      _____

      From: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of tinijoroga
      Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:22 PM
      To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: Research-Darovatka

      ANTONI!

      Az mnie dreszcze przeszly! Splakalam sie!

      I am absolutely sprung seeing this picture! I have yet to digest
      the rest of the information you've provided in the other posts, but
      I am transfixed looking at the Darovatka station! Those barracks in
      the background……they can't be those we lived in, can they? Oh my
      God!!!

      I know from my Mom's memoirs and from others, that the last station
      was "Szabryca" or "Szabrycha" where we were put on sleighs (Dad
      walked) and taken to the camp to build that railroad! But when we
      left, two years later, it was from Darovatka since by then the
      railroad extended even past Poludnievitsa. I know for a fact that
      once we got our "amnesty", my Father left for Shar'ya to pick up the
      train which was to take us to freedom. That fact is in
      his "Kwestionariusz" that I obtained from Hoover, a copy of which I
      believe I sent you requesting deciphering since I couldn't read the
      writing!

      So, that's the piece of earth that we/they stood on……..thanking God
      to be finally given the freedom to leave that God-forsaken land and
      though they didn't know where the next piece of bread would come
      from, they were willing to put their faith in God and in their own
      resourcefulness……My Mom said that red and white rags flew out of
      windows and they sang all the patriotic songs as the train pulled
      away from their place of incarceration. My God.

      Antoni………thank you!!!! Gratefully,

      BOZENA – Florida, USA

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@ <mailto:Kresy-Siberia%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, "Antoni Kazimierski"
      <ASKAZIMIERSKI@...> wrote:

      > http://www.parovoz <http://www.parovoz.com/newgallery/pg_view.php?ID=41627&LNG=RU> com/newgallery/pg_view.php?ID=41627&LNG=RU
      >
      > Bozena, yet another remnant on a Russian site of the ' waiting
      room' at Darovatka station and the village/camp in the background.
      > antoni530

    • ted
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 19, 2008
        Dear Aneta,

        Dziekuje za odpowiedz.Ale chcialbym sie zapytac czy jest jakas lista obecnych na posiolku Suchona....

        Serdecznie dziekuje i dziekuje pani za prace ktora pani nam pomaga.

        Tadeusz

        Dear Tadeusz,

        there are 2 memorials of persons sent to Suchona :

        1. of Tadeusz Kochaniec deported on 10.02.1940 from Piatykory village
        (powiat Horochow, woj. wolynskie) to posiolek Suchona (rej. niandomski, obw.
        archangielski). till middle of 1941 there, later in Uzbekistan and
        Kazachstan. Memorial of 2 pages only

        2. of Cecylia Rozalska deported on 10.02.1940 from Mankow village
        (powiat Horochow) to Suchona. She was there till November 1941. Memorial of
        5 pages

        Best regards,

        Aneta