Re: Krasnojarskij Kraj Uderenskij Rajon, Prysk Jelensk

  • Cathy Hoffman
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 25, 2008
      Antoni, hello. Since I do not have all of the information on my
      Roszkowski familiy I would be interested in the depositions of Jerzy
      and Karol, if nothing else it may help me move closer to finding my
      ancestral village/relatives before 1837.

      I look forward to your reply.

      Thank you again,

      Cathy

      is WOW the wrong word to throw in here? :)

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Antoni Kazimierski"
      <ASKAZIMIERSKI@...> wrote:

      > Cathy,
      > in Hoover, as I understand, there are several depositions by
      Majewska Alina, Anna, Janina and Wanda, but I do not think they
      are from Tarnopol region.
      > However two might be of interest which are by Roszkowski Jerzy and
      Karol.
      > I wonder if there is a connection if any?
      > antoni530

    • Cathy Hoffman
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 25, 2008
        Antoni, thank you for your generosity. I was so reluctant to send
        that email for fear I would insult you. Please forgive me if I have.

        Thank you,

        Cathy

        <ASKAZIMIERSKI@...> wrote:

        > Cathy and Barbara,
        > Please accept the fact that whatever I do it is because I like
        helping people and there are no costs involved to anyone.

        > No, there is no way of seeing anything beforehand as Hoover--
        particularly the searches we are looking for -- is
        entirely 'manually ' operated and help is voluntary as and when
        possible. One can give donations to them, but ,we, so far had all
        info. cost free. This includes postage.

        > Cathy, regarding names of 'other' persons in your family, you can
        send details to me and we'll see what can be done and found.
        > In the meantime please send privately an address where the
        depositions can be posted.

        > I've been told that the records we are looking for are in three
        groups;
        > Release certifficates from camps/posioleks, etc.
        > Reports and questioners ; which all of us coming out of USSR had
        chance to prepare.
        > Anders Army reports- prepared by those who joined this Army.
        > antoni530

      • Antoni Kazimierski
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 26, 2008
          Barbara,
          looking at your note and I must admit I saw your postings earlier re Marszewski 1888 - your grandfather born in Russia.
          Now you gave me a little more of the details bout him.

          I looked at the Russian lists and while I can see some Marszewskich who served in Russia before the war, but there is no lead to connect with your gdad.

          Pani Irena was quite right to give you the best possible address where you might get some answers re his life in Russia before the war and his imprisonment in Lublianka and later at a katorga till the 'Amnesty' prior to joining Polish Army in USSR.

          In order to get details of his arrest in Wilno after 1939 - as you suggested - it would be necessary to write to Polish Embassy Consular section in Minsk. Just as Cythia Pukiello did and had some answers.
          The address is by e-mail ambasada_wk@...
          otherwise Ambasada Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej a Republice Bialorus (Wydzial Konsularny)
          MINSK, 220002. ul. Kropotkina 91A
          Belarus Republic.

          For or about his services in Polska Armia and Sluzba Pograniczna then you should contact Centralne Archiwum Wojskowe at Rembertow - e-mail caw@... in Warsaw.

          As you state he was in Anders Army then you should write to MOD at Northolt.
          Ministry of Defence
          APC Polish Enquiries
          Building 28B, RAF Northolt
          West End Road
          Ruislip
          Middlesex HA4 6NG

          In addition write to Karta to Pani Katarzyna Janiak in Warsaw.

          Further to that as you state he met / was presented to the English King then a contact with London Gazette is a must as they have all kinds of records going to the year dot.

          May I say that you must give details who you are and how related you are to the person you are looking for; the address prior to arrest and possible dates, as well as patronymic details in DoB.
          In the case of MoD you will probably be asked for a small fee. A number of our members contacted that office and would know how much the charges are; they are modest as I recollect.

        • Barbara Milligan
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 26, 2008
            Antoni,

            Many thanks for your advice. My g'father was one of many children but I only know the name of one brother who was also in the Polish Army.

            All the best, Basia/Barbara