Re: food for thought

  • seasidejenny
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
      Hello and I hope I'm not off topic in voicing my thoughts. It seemed
      ironic, in an earlier Washington Post article, when Medvedev told
      interviewers "over and over" that Georgian forces were guilty
      of "genocide" in Southern Ossetia for the reason that Russian history
      continues to bury its inconvenient truths about the targeted deaths
      of Poles during and after World War II - the twenty-two thousand
      Poles shot in mass graves at Katyn and the two million Poles who lost
      their lives in the Soviet Union from forced labour, disease, cold and
      starvation.
      When I read that Russia's newly implemented education program
      misrepresents Katyn to its schoolchildren, I feel dismay that, at a
      time when recognizing the past would help this nation move forward,
      such mass murders remain on the sidelines of Soviet history, with no
      one being brought to trial for these war crimes.

      Jenny (a Canadian whose government has formally apologized for its
      treatment of First Nations people and to the Japanese who were
      interred here during WWII)

      > Alex and Group,
      >
      > I think this pertains highly to our group. After all do we not
      stand for the truth and having our families history being brought to
      light. Here is another artical, Flirting with Stalin,
      http://www.prospect-magazine.co.uk/article_details.php?id=10356%c2%a0and
      it covers how this new teaching edition came to be. Thank you for
      posting.