Re: Anders warriors and their families - lost database

  • eyal68zi
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4, 2008
      Thanks a lot Elzunia

      Eyal

      [mailto:Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of eyal68zi

      <http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.dll?jg%7Ejgsys%7Eshtetlmaster%7ELISKO_f18%20GALICIA_f19%7EZZ%7EMILES%7E%7E%7E%7E%7ESE%7E%7E>
      <http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.dll?jg%7Ejgsys%7Eshtetlmaster%7EGALICIA_f19%7EZZ%7EMILES%7E%7E%7E%7E%7ESE%7E%7E>

      <http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indeks.karta.org.pl%2Fszczegoly.asp%3Fid%3D120875&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=pl&tl=en>
      google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.indeks.karta.or\
      > g.pl%2Fszczegoly.asp%3Fid%3D120875&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=pl&tl=en
      >
      > As you can see it indicates Michael was in Andres Army, however I know
      > he never arrived in Palestine.
      >
      > I remember there used to be a database of about 30,000 out of the 115000
      > soldiers of Anders and their families who left to Teheran, Middle East
      > and Europe. Unfortunately I can't find it anymore. Maybe I will be able
      > to find Michael on this database that was based on lists published in
      > London in a Polish newspaper.
      >
      > Can you help me finding the lost database?
      >
      > Thank you very much in advance,
      >
      > Eyal

    • stefan gillian
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
        Hello Group,

        I was wondering if anyone has any advice with regard to a trip to Bielorussia I would like to make in September. I will be spending three weeks in Eastern Poland at that time visiting my father's side of the family and I am contemplating a quick in-out trip to the villages where my father was born and grew up. My father might even come with me as I have the impression that he would like to revisit those places that he left behind in 1940. The villages are called Prozoroki, Sho and Hermanowicze and are located in the northern part of today's Bielorussia. I have written to the Embassy in Ottawa but have had no response. I will be phoning them to see if that works better.

        Cheers,

        Stefan
        Montréal

      • Witold J Lukaszewski
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
          Stefan,

          This is my birth place you are talking about. I was born in Luzki, just
          south of Dzisna; Hermanowicze are very close. I visited the area in 1992;
          those were very different times. We took a train to Grodno, where, by prior
          arrangement, we were picked up by a trusted Pole residing in Postawy. He
          drove us to Postawy, where we spent the night at his home, and then to Luzki
          the next day. We returned to Postawy the same day and back to Poland the
          next. However, he died since then, so that option is no longer open. If you
          are able to go there, this approach would probably be the safest and
          fastest. If you wish, I can make a couple of calls to Poland and see if
          there is some such way still available. In any case, if you do go there, let
          me know how it went. Would love to receive some photos from the area.

          Best of luck.

          Witold

          On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:23 PM, stefan gillian <stefangillian@...>
          wrote:

          > Hello Group,
          >
          > I was wondering if anyone has any advice with regard to a trip to
          > Bielorussia I would like to make in September. I will be spending three
          > weeks in Eastern Poland at that time visiting my father's side of the family
          > and I am contemplating a quick in-out trip to the villages where my father
          > was born and grew up. My father might even come with me as I have the
          > impression that he would like to revisit those places that he left behind in
          > 1940. The villages are called Prozoroki, Sho and Hermanowicze and are
          > located in the northern part of today's Bielorussia. I have written to the
          > Embassy in Ottawa but have had no response. I will be phoning them to see if
          > that works better.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Stefan
          > Montréal

        • ted
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
            Hi Stefan...
            I know the person that has been going to Bielorussia in past few years
            He probably can give you a lot of information .
            Tadeusz {Toronto}
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
              My son Marek an I are leaving this weekend and have a visa to enter Belarusia on July 15th 2008. We will stay in Baranowicze and plan to visit Stolovichi, my mothers birth place. Family name is Harasimowicze or Gerasimowicze. We do have contact in Baranowicze which we plan to meet, and currently have a contact which is helping with our trip.
              When we get back I will advise you all on the trip an dprovide any help and pictures.

              Wish us a safe trip.

              Ryszard and Marek Dojs

              On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 5:23 PM, stefan gillian <stefangillian@ yahoo.com>
              wrote:

              > Hello Group,
              >
              > I was wondering if anyone has any advice with regard to a trip to
              > Bielorussia I would like to make in September. I will be spending three
              > weeks in Eastern Poland at that time visiting my father's side of the family
              > and I am contemplating a quick in-out trip to the villages where my father
              > was born and grew up. My father might even come with me as I have the
              > impression that he would like to revisit those places that he left behind in
              > 1940. The villages are called Prozoroki, Sho and Hermanowicze and are
              > located in the northern part of today's Bielorussia. I have written to the
              > Embassy in Ottawa but have had no response. I will be phoning them to see if
              > that works better.
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Stefan
              > Montréal

            • Jan Niechwiadowicz
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 9, 2008
                Dear Stefan and group,

                I don't think I have seen you over at Lida Roots, so assuming you're
                not a member I suggest you join. Details, I think, are in the KS
                archives. There is a lot of discussion on trips to Belarus (e.g. two
                group members have just returned). Go to
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LidaRoots/ .

                I did start earlier in the year to plan a trip to Belarus myself but
                due to other commitments had to stop. Any member of KS offering advice
                to Stefan, I would appreciate being copied in as the information could
                be of use to me.

                Regards

                Jan Niechwiadowicz, Cardiff
              • alexandraweldon
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 9, 2008
                  --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Niechwiadowicz"
                  <jan_niechwiadowicz@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Stefan and group,
                  >
                  > I don't think I have seen you over at Lida Roots, so assuming you're
                  > not a member I suggest you join. Details, I think, are in the KS
                  > archives. There is a lot of discussion on trips to Belarus (e.g.
                  two
                  > group members have just returned). Go to
                  > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LidaRoots/ .

                  Thank you, Jan from Cardiff, for suggesting the Lida Roots group, I was
                  just about to do the same!

                  Alex.
                  U.S.
                • eybe120
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 12, 2010
                    Hello,

                    My name is Eyal Ben-Eliezer, from Israel, and my interest is with information about Andress army, where my grandfather served.
                    Spesifically, I'm interested about databases of veterans names that used to serve in Iran or Iraq.

                    As a part of the research I searched for history in the forum, and I tried to get in the links below. Specifically, I tried :

                    http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/evacuees-USSR-to-Iran

                    However, something is wrong. Are those links OK and the problem is in my computer, or those databases were shifted?

                    Thanks in advanced,

                    EBE

                    --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "eyal68zi" <ziffer@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks a lot Elzunia
                    >
                    > Eyal
                    >

                    > --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <elzunia@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/evacuees-USSR-to-Iran
                    > >

                    > > pozdrowienia
                    > > Elzunia Olsson
                    > > Sweden
                    > > Group Moderator
                    > > Gallery Administrator
                    > > <http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html>
                    > http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html
                    > >

                    > > _____

                  • janusz_ks
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 12, 2010
                      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "eybe120" <eybe120@...> wrote:
                      > I'm interested about databases of veterans names that
                      > used to serve in Iran or Iraq.
                      > Specifically, I tried :
                      >
                      > http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/evacuees-USSR-to-Iran

                      Use http://kresy-siberia.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=5851

                      But it's civilians only, so I'm not sure it'll be of much help in your research.