Voting

  • Barbara Matuchniak
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2008
      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Barbara Matuchniak <bmmatuchniak@...>
      To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, 29 June, 2008 9:22:29 AM
      Subject: Re: [Kresy-Siberia] New poll for Kresy-Siberia

      Dear All

      I would like to know who is the author of this idea to vote on the 4 issues, as there appears to be no name as to the sender of this e-mail.
      I have some reservations as to the recent discussions.  As a well matured person in age(75+) and considerable life experiences of war,  deportations, and different attitudes as to who suffered nost and for what reasons, I am very cautios as to what is left for posterity.  Should any of our archives get into inexperienced and prejudicial hands of a reasercher with an agenda, than things may be quoted as coming from Kresy-Syberia group and not necesserily an individual.  I have come across many misinformation whilst in Sikorski Institute and Archives at Kew England.  Even more recently about Settlement Camps in Africa 1942-1950.  I agree that the group cannot allow to  have morally wrong information to be saved in archives.  Watching KATYN film yesterday 'boiled my blood'.  The  blatened lies in this film alone as portrait by the pro Russian so called Poles should give our moderators the mandate to exercise their discretion as to what should
      be in our archives.  Surely we trust them to do what is morally and historically correct. Freedom of speech is a very chancy business ( lets not assume that all of us humann beings have reached the level where thorough analysis takes place before accepting what is said as gospel truth) and  should not be used without some criteria that apply not only to us the Poles but above all to all humanity- do onto others as you would like the others to do onto yourself.  This applies to all human beings regardless of religion, nationality or colour of skin.

      And now on slightly different note.
      Today I an sending to moderators an article that I wrote in response to competioned in POLITYKA titled DIARY OF AN EMIGRANT.  I did not win one of the 6 prizes but the article was "wyrozniony" out of 402 entiries submitted.  It is very shortened version as I was allowed only 20 pages of maniscript.  It was published on Interned in SWIECIE NASZ CANADA PORTAL.
      I tried to reflect on certain happenigs in my life fron the point of an Educationalist.  If its posted by the moderators, please read it.
      Basia Epler Matuchniak, the one born in Lwow and deported from Lwow on 13.04.1940 to Kazahstan.

    • Vincent Geffroy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2013
        Just voted online without any problem & message informed me that my vote had been received.

        Karen Geffroy (Nikiel)
        Cape Town