Re: [SPAM][Kresy-Siberia] Archive location in Poland

    Message 1 of 9 , May 31, 2008
      Hi John

      All of Poland's vital records are catalogued with their SEZAM database, which you can access online in English or Polish.

      http://www.archiwa.gov.pl/?CIDA=376

      Click on the Data base link at the top right.

      I quick look found lots of records from Jaroslaw, but only one from Sieniawa (1939-1956). It is worth your checking it out some more, though.

      Let me know if you need help using the search functions.

      Moderator

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hi Stefan,many thanks for information,could not locate what i was looking for.I am sending an email to the state archives in Przemysl,as province boundaries altered a few years ago the birth records may be there.I would like to enter 2-3 pages of my Fathers arrest and time in Komi which i have recently updated from new documents received,can you please advise if it can be posted as a message or prehaps a file.
        Regards
        John Bartoszynski
        Slough UK

          Can any one help with the following search? I would like to obtain a copy of my fathers birth certificate,he was born at
          Sieniawa, Jaroslaw, Lwow. Or is there an on line search?

          John Bartoszynski

          Slough UK [:)]
          .

        ------------------------------------

        Please support the group by subscribing and by making a donation: http://www.kresy-siberia.org

        Kresy-Siberia-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an email to:

      • John Halucha
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
          John:
          I am eagerly waiting for your Komi posts -- if by Camp 15 in Komi you mean the Inta mining camp, then I think your Dad was maybe 50 or 60 km southwest of Abiez (Abez'), where my father (Jan Hal~ucha) and uncle (Jakub Hal~ucha) were imprisoned.
          It's exciting to think that they may have met, perhaps on the journey south to enlist with Anders. While my father was transferred to the 1st Polish Armoured Division in the U.K., Uncle Jakub remained with the 2nd Corps through Africa and Italy so the chances he met your father are better.
          I also hope to post some of my father's and uncle's photos and documents soon. Maybe seeing each-other's files will help uncover a little more of our respective family histories.

          John Halucha
          Sault Ste. Marie, Canada

          Can any one help with the following search? I would like to obtain a copy of my fathers birth certificate, he was born at
          Sieniawa, Jaroslaw, Lwow. Or is there an on line search?

          John Bartoszynski

          Slough UK [:)]
          .

          ------------ --------- --------- ------

          Please support the group by subscribing and by making a donation: http://www.kresy- siberia.org

          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
          Discussion site http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Kresy- Siberia/
          Virtual Memorial Wall http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ memorial/
          Gallery (photos, documents) http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ photo.html
          Booklist http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ books.html
          Film http://www.AForgott enOdyssey. com
          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
          To CONTACT the Group Moderators please send an e-mail to:
          Kresy-Siberia- owner@yahoogroup s.com

          Kresy-Siberia- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com

          To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an email to:

        • John Bartoszynski
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2008
            Hi John,Thanks for message,I have 18 pages of Documents (in polish) they are being translated as we speak,they refer to various camps,camp 2,camp1,15,16,17and 22 in komi near river uchta,they should be ready by the end of the week,a polish girlfriend is translating them so the english is about 95% i can sort out any mistakes(a professional translator wanted £500 to translate the docs) My father was in persia, palistine, bagdad ,italy ect then uk,so maybe i will have something of interest to you.I am loading photos on the memorial gallery at the moment have, done about 15,will have a break when i reach 1939.best regards for now.
            John Bartoszynski
            Slough UK

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
              Hi John

              My father, Jerzy Gradosielski was at these POW camps: Krzywy Rog, Tetkino, Dniepropietrowska, Ukraine (iron ore mine). Then Komi, Uchto-Pieczora – Czyboj: nr 13, SZDL – Siewierneje Zelezno-Darozneje Lagiera. (building railway Kniaz-Pogost to Uchta) After I year, only 900 prisoners left out of 1500.

              I presume this means camp 13 at Siewzeldorlag, Komi.

              Several of our members’ fathers seemed to have followed exactly the same route and same dates so there could have been thousands of troops on these transports. Have you found your father’s and uncle’s files on Karta?

              I’m trying to create your album on the Gallery but seem to be having trouble logging in. Some problem with our internet connection and the tv too (same cable). Will keep trying. The albums are always in the name of the member and then you create your own sub-albums as you want.

              We are having a heat-wave here in Sweden – much too hot for me!

              pozdrowienia
              Elzunia Olsson
              Sweden
              Group Moderator
              Gallery Administrator
              <http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html> http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html

              _____

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
                Hi Elizabeth,not too hot here,enjoy the weather while it lasts.Sometimes i have problems when trying to access the memorial gallery,could be when it is busy or when the usa and far east log on, it all slows down.My fathers record is not on karta,i sent an email to moscow...gurpolcom@...� but the message could not be sent as it was a bad address,so will write a letter.The translation of documents should be ready soon,but as far as i know my father followed�a similar route, starobielsk-komi camp 15 uchta-released august 1942,but took 3 months for him to find the Polish army in lugayow..The full translation contains a wealth of information in great detail,very sad,details of treatment,torture,prison conditions,death of family members ect ect.Many years ago 1991 the M O D sent me my fathers service record,only 2 pages,i have enquired again and they are sending a full copy in Polish and english,if you press them they will send more.Sorry if i have
                rambled on.
                Pozdrowienia
                John.............ps: I have made a dvd of my album with Chopins minute waltz opus 64 and prelude in a opus 28, it almost brings it to life.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
                  Hi John B
                  Which "full translation" are you referring to? I don't have any detailed descriptions of life at the camps so would appreciated your sharing yours.

                  Confusing with all these Johns! It's John Halucha who's asking for an album. I'll do it as soon as I can.

[...]

                  ****************************************************************************Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Elizabeth
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
                    Our current contact at Karta (as far as I know ) is
                    Pani Katarzyna Janiak at k.janiak@...
                    So try her. Others have had speedy answers from her.
                    The Karts site is being updated all the time so don't despair, it'll be there at some point.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 6, 2008
                      Hi Eizabeth,
                      Sorry if i replied to your message in error,which however will prove fruitful when the 18 pages of documents i have are translated.,They contain much infofmation (with some names of persons) pertaining to camps 1,2,15,16,17 and 22 in Uchta -Komi and other camps elsewhere.5 pages have been translated,which detail;Prison in Stanislawow and Starobielsk.As soon as i have the rest(which was promised for today)I will let you know.
                      Many thanks for the email address,i will try this one.Have a good day.
                      Pozdrowienia
                      John Bartoszynski