More grist to the mill

  • znowicki
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2008
      Dear group

      I have just finished reading a book entitled "GULAG, A history" by
      Anne Applebaum (ISBN 0-140-28310-2). While it really concerns the
      history of the GULAG system, there are snippets about Poles that were
      deported to "Siberia" at various times.

      The book only names a few Poles but it does give you a deeper
      understanding of what our parents or grandparents went through. For
      me, it goes a long way to explain why my parents were so extremely
      reluctant to talk about it.

      Be warned though, it is a heartrending and painful read, so be careful.

      Cheers,
      Zdzis
      Runaway Bay
      Australia