Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Thanks

  • mary allies
    Message 1 of 14 , May 21, 2008
      Hi Cynthia
      I haven't e mailed you before, but I always enjoy reading your postings on
      the group site. Your disappointment and frustration at lack of information
      touched my heart, as I too am suffering from the same syndrome. Both my
      parents and their families were deported on 10th Feb and I have hit a brick
      wall with no forthcoming information from anywhere.It's almost as if my
      families didn't exist. I just wanted to let you know that I understand how
      you feel but we have to keep trying and write more letters, some information
      will come from somewhere, suddenly, when we're not expecting it and the ball
      will start rolling again. Take heart Cynthia, keep perservering I'm sure you
      will be rewarded soon.
      Marysia
      Worcester UK

    • E M Hoople
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2013
        Hello from The Great White North!

        My name is Eva Puchalski, and I learned about your group after I recently did an online search using my late father's name, which is Henryk Puchalski.

        Oddly, I'd searched for his name before but nothing came up, despite the post that did pop up recently was dated 2007.  I don't understand that, but the post originated from this group, and I did quite a bit of reading.

        I look forward to getting to know you, and I am here specifically to try to learn about what my late grandfather, Adolf, and my late father went through during the war(s).  It's a part of my history that sadly, I know little about.

        Cheers,
        Eva
      • strangerbdazled
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2013
          Hello Eva and welcome to the Group. I looked at the list of members of the 12 Podolski Lancers Regt. ( regiment that served in) and found name of Michal Puchalski, lancer (ulan). Any relation?
          I wish you success in your searc.
          Romuald

          ---- E M Hoople <evamariehoople@...> wrote:
          > Hello from The Great White North!
          >
          > My name is Eva Puchalski, and I learned about your group after I recently did an online search using my late father's name, which is Henryk Puchalski.
          >
          > Oddly, I'd searched for his name beforebut nothing came up, despite the post that did pop up recently was dated 2007.  I don't understand that, but the post originated from this group, and I did quite a bit of reading.
          >
          > I look forward to getting to know you, and I am here specifically to try to learn about what my late grandfather, Adolf, and my late father went through during the war(s).  It's a part of my history that sadly, I know little about.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Eva
        • Lenarda Szymczak
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2013

            Dear Eva, welcome and we will be happy to assist and fill in the missing gaps of your history.

            Lenarda, Australia