Re: [Kresy-Siberia] "Katyn complex"

  • Carol Dove
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2008
      Hania,

      My father said the same thing. I told him, "Yes, we are now here to speak out for the ones that cannot speak for themselves." Poland is free and history must reflect the truth. Just by refusing an "Official apology" puts history in the right light. Reguardless of compensation, they have stated outloud for the nation to see. In fact the nation see's what Polish have had to contend with.

      Carol

      Anne Kaczanowski <annekaczanowski@...> wrote:
      With this absurd, unremorseful, engrained Russian arrogance..... does it make it clear why so many people of our parents generation, who suffered first hand under these idiots, felt backed up against a wall of silence for the latter part of their lives? And feared the evil of the Soviets? I think of so many times when my dad spoke of this and how we in our naive youth thought the world was in a so much better place today and things had changed. These were the old days and governments were different today. I can feel my dad saying now " I told you nothing had changed but you didn't believe me!'.

      hania

      alexandraweldon <akweldon@...> wrote:
      I am temporarily dumbstruck having just read this article; arrogance
      knows no bounds.... Alex. U.S.

      http://www.polskieradio.pl/thenews/foreign-affairs/?id=82286