Komi Gulag list

  • Antoni Kazimierski
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28 8:09 AM
      This list is one of twelve Memory Books of repression starting in 1917. There are 139715 names in it and sadly there are no Polish deportees from 1940 onwards, as far as I can see.
      The areas are for ; Archangelsk, Komi, Vorkuta,Karelia, Murmansk, Pskov, Novgorod, Tver,Kastroma, Novosibirsk,Kaliningrad and Kostroma.
      The authors explain that those names were 'of lost people' and now are being restored and rehabilitated so that geneaologists could use/find them them via electronic library.
      Yet again more and more is being offered to researchers via the internet. Thanks Zbyszek for drawing attention to this list.
      I tried to find our name there, but although it is there it is from 1917-1919 period and atleast one is of our family.
      antoni530

    • b_styrna
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29 8:08 AM
        Antoni,

        you're welcome. I'm sorry you could not find people you were
        searching for.

        It did seem to me that the surnames were Russian and not Polish.

        But, like you say, it is just another clue in search of our quest.

        regards

        Zbyszek

        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Antoni Kazimierski"