5-th Kresowa Division - Zwiazek Zolnierzy 5-tej Dyw. Piechoty

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
      I would like to add this address to our website under "research sources".

      Can I ask if any group members have been in contact with this group? Who is
      the "Secretary" or "President"? Is there a phone or fax number? What
      information do they have or can they provide?

      You can see what we have been providing about other groups at
      http://www.aforgottenodyssey.com/reference.html

      Thank you!
      Stefan

      > Since you wrote that your husband was in 5-th Kresowa Division I would
      > suggest that you contact "Zwiazek Zolnierzy 5-tej Dyw. Piechoty" 58
      > Rydal Gdns., Wembley HA9 8RZ, UK. They will probably give you any info
      > you want.
      > Romuald

    • Audrey Czechowska
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
        Hi Romuald,

        Many thanks for the information.
        Amongst Tadek's war medals is a Cross of Merit with swords
        and I would dearly love to know for what it was awarded.
        Would they be able to give that sort of information?
        Or is there some other place I can apply?

        Audrey
        ~~~~~~

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
          Re: [Kresy-Siberia] welcome Audrey Czechowska Audrey
          Write to the British Army records office, where the war records of soldiers in the Polish Army fighting alongside the Allies in World War 2 are kept.

          Send details on your relationship to the soldier in question and the possible units and dates of service.

          The Ministry of Defense
          Army Records Centre, POLISH SECTION
          Bourne Avenue Hayes
          Middlesex, England UA3 1RF
          PHONE 44 208-573-3831
          FAX 44 208-569-2751

          Good luck (let us know what you find out)

          Stefan Wisniowski

          Amongst Tadek's war medals is a Cross of Merit with swords
          and I would dearly love to know for what it was awarded.
          Would they be able to give that sort of information?
          Or is there some other place I can apply?
          Audrey
        • Elizabeth Olsson
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
            > Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 11:56:04 +1100
            > From: Stefan Wisniowski <swisniowski@...>
            > Subject: 5-th Kresowa Division - Zwiazek Zolnierzy 5-tej Dyw. Piechoty
            >
            > I would like to add this address to our website under "research sources".
            >
            > Can I ask if any group members have been in contact with this group? Who is
            > the "Secretary" or "President"? Is there a phone or fax number? What
            > information do they have or can they provide?
            >
            > You can see what we have been providing about other groups at
            > http://www.aforgottenodyssey.com/reference.html
            >
            > Thank you!
            > Stefan
            >
            > > Since you wrote that your husband was in 5-th Kresowa Division I would
            > > suggest that you contact "Zwiazek Zolnierzy 5-tej Dyw. Piechoty" 58
            > > Rydal Gdns., Wembley HA9 8RZ, UK. They will probably give you any info
            > > you want.
            > > Romuald

            Hi All
            The latest listing for the above, as found on
            http://zpwb.org.uk/polish_organisations_5.html

            5th Borderlands Infantry Division Association
            Zwiazek Zolnierzy 5 KDP
            Chairman Col. Stanislaw Berkieta
            48 Clarkes Avenue, Worcester Park, Surrey
            KT4 8PZ
            tel 020 8337 8506
            Treasurer Jerzy Stopa
            43 White Lodge
            London SW19 3HR
            UK

            pozdrowienia
            Elzunia
          • rlipinsk@gmu.edu
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
              Hi Audrey,
              As I suggested earlier, Zwiazek Zolnierzy 5-tej Dyw. would be the best
              place to get all the info you want.
              Romuald