Re; K/S group mebership - help needed

  • romed46
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
      Stefan,
      I have been member of Kresy-Siberia group for about 5 years but
      suddenly I am unable to visit "Members Only" section. I have been
      sick and I was not using the site for some time.
      Can you please help me to regain access to "Members Only" section.

      Your assistance in this matter will be appreciated.

      Sincerely,

      Roman Skulski
      (Romed46)
      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Wisniowski"
      <stefan@...> wrote:

      > We have just posted a new album in the Gallery, which reproduces
      the official Soviet document approving the execution of about 14,700
      Polish army officers plus 11,000 Polish political prisoners (dated 5
      March 1940).

      > This is accompanied by an English translation, as well as by a
      translation of a top secret KGB memo from 9 March 1959 acknowledging
      that 22,857 people were killed.

      > This was all scanned from Father Zdzislaw Pieszkowski's
      booklet "The Appel of a Prisoner-of-War at Kozielsk", which was
      obtained from the priest by OROK President Ryszard Grzybowski and
      scanned by Stefan Wisniowski.

      > See http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/Katyn
      >

      > Best regards,
      >
      > Stefan Wisniowski
      > Moderator

    • Zenon Kuzik
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
        Dear Stefan,

        Thank you for posting these very important documents in the Gallery. They give the lie to those who still(!) maintain that the Nazis were responsible for the Katyn and associated atrocities.

        It is a pity, though, that the English translation in at least a couple of places is not an accurate rendition of the original Russian. Sorry for being pedantic!

        All good wishes,

        Zenon Kuzik
        New Zealand

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
          Stefan and Group,

          I found this interesting :

          Original order with English and Polish translat... (more)
          Added: May 10, 2007
          Original order with English and Polish translations submitted by Beria (head of NKVD) and signed by Stalin approving killing 25 7000 Polish POW. (less)

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBgU8CI63d8

          Carol Celinska Dove

          Stefan Wisniowski <stefan@...> wrote:
          We have just posted a new album in the Gallery, which reproduces the official Soviet document approving the execution of about 14,700 Polish army officers plus 11,000 Polish political prisoners (dated 5 March 1940).

          This is accompanied by an English translation, as well as by a translation of a top secret KGB memo from 9 March 1959 acknowledging that 22,857 people were killed.

          This was all scanned from Father Zdzislaw Pieszkowski's booklet "The Appel of a Prisoner-of-War at Kozielsk", which was obtained from the priest by OROK President Ryszard Grzybowski and scanned by Stefan Wisniowski.

          See http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/Katyn

          Best regards,

          Stefan Wisniowski
          Moderator

        • milongados
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
            More on Katyn documents...

            "...Lt.-Col. John H. Van Vliet Jr. (US Army) dictated his original
            report about his May 13, 1943 visit to Katyn in Maj.-Gen. Clayton L.
            Bissell's (Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence, G-2) Pentagon
            office on May 22, 1945. Gen. Bissell classified the Report as "Top
            Secret" and made it disappear - instantly, permanently and without a
            trace.

            Conveniently too, as its disclosure to the World would irritate the
            Soviets quite unnecessarily at the time, when their friendship and
            cooperation were crucial for the United States (unfinished struggle
            with Japan, San Francisco Conference, etc.). Although President
            Roosevelt was finally dead, his spirit of pro-sovietism and
            appeasement was still omnipotent in the highest circles of the
            Administration.

            In the end of the 1940s, however, not only Roosevelt and his Soviet-
            manipulated Administration were long gone - so was the American-
            Soviet friendship. The issue of the Katyn Massacre, for several
            years so carefully and sometimes quite ruthlessly suppressed by the
            authorities in the United States, resurfaced. Not as an expression
            of remorse for the original handling of the Katyn Massacre during
            and shortly after the war - convenience, again, played to the
            interests of the United States of America..."

            http://www.electronicmuseum.ca/Poland-
            WW2/katyn_memorial_wall/kmw_vanvliet.html