Re: Help with Polish translation

  • Aneta Hoffmann
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
      Dear Paul,
      here is a translation into English of a whole letter you received
      from the Archives :

      In reference to your letter (date as mentioned above), Archiwum Akt
      Nowych (Archives of New Acts - Archives collecting all new archival
      resources esp. concerning Warsaw Uprising, prewar Polish governments,
      communist times etc.) hereby would like to inform you, that it
      possesses incomplete materials of Komenda Glowna Policji Panstwowej
      (Main Headquarters of State Police), which can consist also of
      documents conc. Marian Podolanski.

      AAN informs about possibility of free of charge personal research in
      possessed materials, when you personally can look for specific
      documents. Scientific Office of AAN is open from Monday to Friday
      9.00 am -3.30 pm.

      AAN can also make a research for any documents referring to mentioned
      above person. For such research AAN charges 35 PLN per 1 hour of
      searches; for making xerocopy of 1 page - 2 PLN.

      Research can start after paying a prepayment for a whole research
      service. Such prepayment in amount of 35 PLN please pay on a bank
      account of the Archives : 43101010100009251391500000. It will not be
      paid back in case of negative result of the research. Whole research
      fee will be calculated after making a research"

      As Witold I recommend you to order such research in AAN, but first
      ask them of possible number of hours they need for such full
      research, so you will now a total cost for it.

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "atticusfinch1048"
      <AtticusFinch1048@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > It's Paul from the Podolanski clan in Manchester, England.
      >
      > Hope you can help give me a translation of something that I have
      had
      > come from an Archiwum Akt Nowych (which the police forward a query
      > too). As I have mentioned before my Great Grandfather was a Police
      > Captain in Lwow before the war but went missing at the start of the
      > war, leaving my Great Gran who was arrested and sent to Kazakhstan.
      >
      > I can type the letter in but unfortunately cant add the various
      > accents and my scanner is broken. The only bit i did work out is
      that
      > they want me to pay money!
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > W nawiazaniu do Pana pisma z dnia j.w., Archiwum Akt Nowych
      informuje
      > uprezejmie, ze posiada w swoim zasobie niekompletne materialy
      Komendy
      > Glownej Policji Panstwowej, w ktorych to materialach moga znajdowac
      > sie dokumenty dotyczace Mariana Podolanskiego.
      >
      > AAN informuje o mozliwosci bezplatnego osobistego korzystania z
      > zasobu w celu przeprowadzenia poszukiwan stosownych dokumentow w
      > Pracowni Naukowej AAN, czynnej od poniedzialku do piatku w
      godzinach
      > 9.00 -15.30.
      >
      > AAN moze podjac sie poszukiwania dokumentow dotczacych wyzej
      > wymienionego. Za przwprowadzenie kwerendy AAN pobiera oplate za
      jedna
      > godzine poszukiwan 35,00zl, za sporzadzenie jednej strony
      kserokopii
      > 2.00zl.
      >
      > Rozpoczecie kwerendy warunkuje uiszczenie zaliczki pobieranej na
      > poczet naleznosci za wykonanie kwerendy. Zaliczke w wysokosci 35,00
      > zl nalezy wplacic na konto Archiwum: 43101010100009251391500000.
      Nie