Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Intro- Maria Podolska's son Kevin Coyne

  • Carol Dove
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2008
      Kevin,

      Welcome to the group. Your mom was born the same year as my father. In Feb. 1940 they were sent to Siberia. My grandfather was also with Anders and we also have our mysteries to sort through. My grandmother passed away shortly after Siberia and my father made his back to England (where his father was) from So. Africa. In 1951 they exiled to the USA. I reside in Connecticut where I was born and raised. I hope we can help you along the path we are on.

      Carol Celinska Dove

      "Kevin Coyne, The Ejection Site" <kcoyne@...> wrote:
      Hello all!

      I am glad to have finally joined the Kresy-Siberia Group.

      My mother, Maria Podolska, is an orphan from a small settlement in the Pinsk
      region who was sent along with her father, mother and two sisters to a camp
      in the Arckhangel region in 1940. She alone made it to Colonia Santa Rosa
      before coming to the United States. She was quite young during this time as
      she was born in 1936. Her memories are pretty good, but there is a lot of
      mystery about our family.

      I came across this group some time ago when searching for information on the
      Colonia Santa Rosa or other things my mother had mentioned. I have been in
      touch with a few members including Julian over the past year or so and
      finally have time to join up and do some more research here. I can see there
      is a LOT to read and I'll be doing a bit of searching and reading when I can
      to see if I can find out what might have happened to the rest of our family.

      We believe that Daniel Podolski, my grandfather, might have joined Anders
      Army, but have no further information on him other than he is believed to be
      deceased. We have no other solid information on the rest of the family,
      except she believes her mother died in the Soviet Union. Of course we are
      looking for any information on them and the rest of our family. I have found
      Mom's name on several of the lists in the photo archives, but not the rest
      of the family so far.

      Anyway, I'll be reading a lot, and may ask a few questions here and there.

      Thanks to all of you who are keeping this history alive! If Mom has anything
      of interest to add I'll be sure to add to the efforts

      Kevin

    • Kevin Coyne, The Ejection Site
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
        Carol,

        Thanks for your reply. I hope we can help each other out!

        My mom lives in New York City and I am not far away in Westchester.

        Kevin
        Welcome to the group. Your mom was born the same year as my father. In Feb. 1940 they were sent to Siberia. My grandfather was also with Anders and we also have our mysteries to sort through. My grandmother passed away shortly after Siberia and my father made his back to England (where his father was) from So. Africa. In 1951 they exiled to the USA. I reside in Connecticut where I was born and raised. I hope we can help you along the path we are on.

        Carol Celinska Dove

        "

        a.. 4New Members
        b.. 17New Photos