Looking for Junakow and REMI members

  • favouriteson2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2007
      We were celebrating Christmas day and my father-in-law, Mikolaj
      Kalmykow, started reminiscing about his time in Junakow and REMI.

      He was in Junakow, near Haifa, in 1946 and part of 47. He went on to
      REMI in April of 47. Some of the names he recalled were Ryszard
      Marciniak (from Junakow I think) and Rachwalowski, Guscin and Szczypek
      from REMI. Mikolaj was stationed in Trieste were he met his wife.

      I'd like to try and locate these people, or others who were in the same
      camps, and try and get them together.

      Regards,

      Marek Skadorwa
      Toronto, Canada
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2007
        Hi Marek

        My father (Zbigniew "Johnny" Wisniowski) was at the JSK in Barbara, Palestine and then joined the REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) in the British Army, posted to Malaya and then Korea. Is that what you might mean by "REMI" (though the Trieste entry makes it less likely...)

        Stefan Wisniowski
        Sydney Australia