re: What My Father Believed

  • john guzlowski
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      I wanted to let you all know that Garrison Keillor's reading of my
      poem "What My Father Believed" from my book Lightning and Ashes is now
      available at the Writers Almanac site:

      http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/programs/2007/12/24/#friday

      This poem talks about my father's faith, how he learned about God in
      Poland as a child, and how his faith sustained him in the concentration
      camps in Nazi Germany.

      The poem can also be heard on most NPR stations tomorrow, Dec. 28.

      John Guzlowski

      author of Third Winter of War: Buchenwald
      and Lightning and Ashes

      http://lightning-and-ashes.blogspot.com/