Re: Siberian cross

  • ANTONI KAZIMIERSKI
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
      Richard, I tried different spelling of your name Wieksza. Is it with an e and a little tail? or Wieksza?
      Needless to say, there is no name like these two spellings in Russian 1941 census of family names.Is there a variant to this name?
      antoni530

    • Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
        Tadziu;
        Are you going to the Polish Consulat - Konsulat Generalny Rzeczpospolitej Polskiej w Toronto, 2603 Lakeshore Blvd W., Toronto?

        Czy wrecznie Krzyza Syberii bedzie tam jak dla naszej mamy. Our mother received her Syberian Cross at that Consul in February of this year and not at her ZPK .

        The Konsulat did not place any pictures or records for the year of 2007 as yet. I know that they filmed and took photographs at that event. We were there with our Mom.
        Solemn celebration of handing the Siberian Deportee Crosses - 20/06/2006 as they call them ;
        http://www.torontokg.polemb.net/index.php?document=21

        Main page for Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in English with many document forms for our Polish use if needed
        http://www.torontokg.polemb.net/index.php?document=40

        and in Polish
        http://www.torontokg.polemb.net/index.php?document=1

        Ted ; I do hope this information helps a little
        Pozdrawiam- Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar
        Richmond Hill, ON

        ted sebestianski <tsebestianski@...> wrote:
        Hi Members..
        Idid apply for that cross about 3 yeas ago-in 06 i been asking for some more infor. my wife and a lot of people in Toronto in past couple years-
        Finaly today i recived an invitacion fora party 89 years of polish independance and with that note that i will recived my SIB.CROSS. so it cakes time,be patience.
        Ted

      • richardwieksza
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
          Boizena,Antoni and All,
          Congratulations Ted!
          I have written to the memorial and they have no records,also the red
          cross say they have nothing.Our very own Aneta cannot find anything in
          CAW in Warsaw.I also enlisted the help of Agnes Modrzejewska,she
          researched the Polish institute and the Sikorski for me but as yet I
          have nothing.My father left Poland with nothing but the clothes he was
          wearing and was found by the British army wandering with chicken
          blindness in Persia.He escaped from Akmolinsk Kazahkstan 6 months
          before the amnesty.The only papers he posesses are when he joined the
          Polish army in Scotland

          Richard Wieksza
          England
        • Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
            Antoni have you re-applied? meaning did you re-send all the original information and did you have a response thanking you for your application of your original date? And... that your application is being processed? Just a thought, Some of the applicants just cannot affort the "Time To Be Patient". Not you I am sure of that, but just the same how long can or should one wait?
            Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar

            ANTONI KAZIMIERSKI <askazimierski@...> wrote:
            Bozena, it is nice to hear that someone in the group received this cross. I also sent an application to Polish Embassy in London about the same time when we discussed it in the group, supporting it with various documents, but so far no acknowledgement or the cross. It is a mystery! Perhaps there is time yet, or they've run out of them.
            antoni530

          • richardwieksza
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
              Antoni,
              I do not know of any other way to spell it.
              I do know some time ago i was told the Russian equivelent is Bekwa
              Sorry for the lack of info but that is all I know
              Richard

              --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "ANTONI KAZIMIERSKI"
              <askazimierski@...> wrote:

              > Richard, I tried different spelling of your name Wieksza. Is it with
              an e and a little tail? or Wieksza?
              > Needless to say, there is no name like these two spellings in Russian
              1941 census of family names.Is there a variant to this name?
              > antoni530

            • Carol Dove
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                They did run out but have a new order in. I believe
                they only had 3,000. and did not think family would be
                able to complete the application.

                Carol

                --- MARIE GAFFNEY <tinijoroga@...> wrote:

                > HI ANTONI:
                >
                > I don't know why I lucked out and received mine so
                > quickly whereas you, who are so deserving and so
                > knowledgeable and helpful to all of us are still
                > waiting for yours. May your wait be short!
                >
                > All the best
                > BOZENA - Florida, USA
                >
                > --- ANTONI KAZIMIERSKI
                > <askazimierski@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > Bozena, it is nice to hear that someone in the
                > group
                > > received this cross. I also sent an application to
                > > Polish Embassy in London about the same time when
                > we
                > > discussed it in the group, supporting it with
                > > various documents, but so far no acknowledgement
                > or
                > > the cross. It is a mystery! Perhaps there is time
                > > yet, or they've run out of them.
                > > antoni530

                > > removed]

                > protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • richardwieksza
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                  All,
                  Thanks for your replies it has given me fresh imputus and I think I
                  will get my father to apply anyway without papers,as Antoni says being
                  alive is proof enough.
                  I am a little confused as to which form to fill in,when I go to the
                  files section under the Siberian Cross section there are lots of
                  different forms in it which one has to be filled in? Can someone lead
                  me in the right direction please
                  Richard Wieksza
                  England
                • Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar
                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                    Thank you Tadziu;
                    Some pictures are still missing from the Konsulat web site. If you check one picture is a duplicate but of different date.
                    I will search for our moms group picture at the Konsulat.
                    Congratulations !! Finally!
                    Take lots of pictures of his memorable occasion for you and your family.
                    Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar

                    ted sebestianski <tsebestianski@...> wrote:
                    Krystyno....
                    Yes they going to give that cross at SPK same way as your mother recived at the embasy.
                    I osted those picture on Kresy-Album-you probably can get it.
                    Tadeusz

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                        Hi Emasy in Toronto informed me to veryfy if i will be at the SPK. atherwise they going to mailed to me.
                        Ted
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                          That picture been taken this year at the konsulat sonetimes in feb.or march

                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                            write to war office in england and get the record of your father service.

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 1, 2007
                              My mother finally got hers, last autumn - but she had waited a couple of
                              years. Last I heard, when it comes to UK that is, the consul was
                              travelling around northern UK, giving out crosses there so the people
                              didn't have to travel to London. So the southern part of the country is
                              having to wait.

                              pozdrowienia
                              Elzunia Olsson
                              Sweden
                              Gallery Administrator
                              http://www.kresy-siberia.org/photo.html

                              Bozena, it is nice to hear that someone in the group received this
                              cross. I also sent an application to Polish Embassy in London about the
                              same time when we discussed it in the group, supporting it with various
                              documents, but so far no acknowledgement or the cross. It is a mystery!
                              Perhaps there is time yet, or they've run out of them.
                              antoni530

                              _____

                              Jag anvander en gratisversion av SPAMfighter for privata anvandare.
                              2309 spam har blivit blockerade hittills.
                              Betalande anvandare har inte detta meddelande i sin e-post.
                              Hamta gratis SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/lsv> idag!