Re: Belatedly Rydz Smigly

  • Michael Kulik
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2002
      The Gentleman referred to as "a drunk and womaniser" was President
      Mosciki's original nominated heir: General Boleslaw Dlugaszewski-
      Wieniawa.

      This same description is also used by Richard Lukas, the eminent
      American Historian who, as many of you will know, is generally seen
      as a champion of the Polish cause - he is probably Paul Neumann's
      original source for the internet site in question.

      Amongst Richard Lukas's many books is the well received (in Polish
      quarters especially) The Forgotten Holocaust. So as I said before, we
      have to accept the "rough with the smooth."

      Michael.

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@y..., "b.davoust" <b.davoust@f...> wrote:
      > Cass,
      I wasn't questioning the truth or historical value of what this guy
      said. Only that when I see comments on somebody's private life as a
      judgement on their historical role (one of the ambassador's being a
      drunk and womanizer, if I recall), I find that it reminds me of
      Soviet-style historiography