trailer for Wajda's Katyn

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2007
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6F42KWO6E

    • Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2007
        Lucyna I did actually see the trailers and had the most terribly frightful emotions knowing the outcomes. I could not stop my tears at such a horrible loss. Everone just has to see Post Mortem - Katyñ film. In Canada we are fortunate to have TV stations which undertake to show foreign films with subtitles. Perhaps we could ask them to plan it in their program soon.
        Krystyna

        Lucyna Artymiuk <lucyna.artymiuk@...> wrote:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-6F42KWO6E

      • lulu
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
          Thank you Lucyna for posting the trailer.

          While I know it is a film I will have to watch, the trailer itself leaves my
          stomach cold with fear. Though my grandfather was not in the Katyn group,
          he was one of the many other officers that disappeared after his arrest by
          the NKVD. I cannot imagine what my grandmother and father felt, particulary
          as it was my father who opened the door to a young Russian girl, apparently
          an NKVD spy and disclosed the fact my my grandfather had returned home
          secretly after going into hiding from the NKVD, whom he knew would come for
          him. She said she was an admirer of my grandfather's novels. Apparently my
          grandma travelled from Lwow to Krakow and back again pleading with the
          authorities to help her obtain some information about his whereabouts but to
          no avail. I am hoping that the current excavation of the remains of Cherson
          prisoners will yield some results.

          Louise B�a�ejowska
          Sydney, Australia

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          9:01 PM

        • Lucyna Artymiuk
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 1, 2007
            I visited my Godmother today and spent a few hours talking about my family
            history searches.

            and we spoke about Wajda's Katyn.

            I know that my Ciocia Wiesia (Paszkiewicz nee Wojtasiewicz) at the age of 12
            1/2 together with her mother were sent to Kazahstan from Lwow.

            Ciocia Wiesia's father was a public servant and disappeared. She thought he
            perished in Katyn but has heard also that he had been executed in Lwow.

            It was a generation of fatherless children.

            She arrived in Australia on the General Langfitt.

            Lucyna
            Melbourne, Australia
[...]

            Louise B³a¿ejowska
            Sydney, Australia

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            9:01 PM

            Please support the group by subscribing and by making a donation:
            http://www.kresy-siberia.org

            Kresy-Siberia-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an email to: