Re: Polish Path for Freedom" at the Imperial War Museum

  • pielgrzymka96
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
      Krystyna and members,

      Henry Sokolowski has several of the films, which we will show at the
      On Eagles' Wings event in Toronto on Sunday, Oct.21 at the Polish
      Hall on Beverly st...some have been shown in the area before but so
      valuable to see any number of times. Hoping you will join us in Oct.!

      http://oneagleswings0.tripod.com

      Wanda Sawicki
      London, Ontario

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar
      <thymetrax@...> wrote:

      > Dear group members;
      > perhaps I have missed previous information for which I do
      applologize, my question is "have the Toronto area residents had this
      opportunity to view of of these films"? for that matter have
      Canadians had this opportunity?
      > Please let me know
      > Krystyna Styrna-Buyukpinar
      >
      > Jan Niechwiadowicz <jan_niechwiadowicz@...> wrote:
      > Linder,
      >
      > > Did you know that Mathew Lee [Film Archives, Imperial War Museum]
      > also has AFO and now 'The Other Truth', the second film by Jagna
      and
      > Aneta - I know this as I talked to him and sent him 'The Other
      > Truth' a few weeks ago. Mathew was the first to show AFO a few
      years
      > ago, Jagna told me.
      > >
      > > Are either of these to be shown at the same time, I wonder
      >
      > I do not think so. Details of the films being shown is below
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Jan Niechwiadowicz, Cardiff
      >
      > Screenings:
      >
      > Saturday 1 – Monday 3 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Amateur Film Record of a Sea Voyage from London to Danzig
      > in 1938; The Land of My Mother
      > 12noon - The Nazis Strike
      > 2.00pm - UFA Auslandstonwoche Nr 420; Westerplatte (The screening
      of
      > Westerplatte on Saturday 1 September will be introduced by
      Professor
      > Jan Ciechanowski).
      >
      > Wednesday 5 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Amateur Film Record of a Sea Voyage from London to Danzig
      > in 1938; The Land of My Mother
      > 12noon - The Nazis Strike
      > 2.00pm - UFA Auslandstonwoche Nr 420; Westerplatte
      >
      > Thursday 6 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Siege; Warsaw 1939 Ruins After Bombardment
      > 12noon - The Nazis Strike
      > 2.00pm - The Day Stashi Ran Out of Honey; …Wherever you are Mr
      > President (…Gdziekolwiek jesteœ panie prezydencie…)
      >
      > Friday 7 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Siege; Warsaw 1939 Ruins After Bombardment
      > 12noon - The Nazis Strike
      > 2.00pm - The Day Stashi Ran Out of Honey; …Wherever you are Mr
      > President (…Gdziekolwiek jesteœ panie prezydencie…)
      >
      > Saturday 8 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Siege; Warsaw 1939 Ruins After Bombardment
      > 12noon - The Nazis Strike
      > 2.00pm - The Day Stashi Ran Out of Honey; …Wherever you are Mr
      > President (…Gdziekolwiek jesteœ panie prezydencie…)
      >
      > Sunday 9 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Siege; Warsaw 1939 Ruins After Bombardment
      > 12noon - The Nazis Strike
      > 2.00pm - The Day Stashi Ran Out of Honey; …Wherever you are Mr
      > President (…Gdziekolwiek jesteœ panie prezydencie…)
      >
      > Tuesday 11 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Kitbag Songs; Picturesque Poland; Polish Film Magazine
      No.
      > 1
      > 12noon - Scottish Mazurka; Battle of England (Bitwa o Anglie)
      > 2.00pm - The Secret of Enigma (Sekret `Enigmy')
      >
      > Thursday 13 September
      >
      > All Screenings in the Preview Cinema in the All Saints' Annexe
      >
      > 11.00am - Kitbag Songs; Picturesque Poland; Polish Film Magazine
      No.
      > 1
      > 12noon - Scottish Mazurka; Battle of England (Bitwa o Anglie)
      > 2.00pm - The Secret of Enigma (Sekret `Enigmy')
      >
      > Friday 14 – Saturday 15 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Kitbag Songs; Picturesque Poland; Polish Film Magazine
      No.
      > 1
      > 12noon - Scottish Mazurka; Battle of England (Bitwa o Anglie)
      > 2.00pm - The Secret of Enigma (Sekret `Enigmy')
      >
      > Sunday 16 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Diary of a Polish Airman (March 1942); Polish Sailor
      (1942)
      > 12noon - German Amateur Film Record of Warsaw in 1940; Tale of a
      City
      > 2.00pm- Calling Mr Smith; Operation Arsenal (Akcja pod Arsenalem)
      >
      > Monday 17 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Diary of a Polish Airman (March 1942); Polish Sailor
      (1942)
      > 12noon - German Amateur Film Record of Warsaw in 1940; Tale of a
      > City
      > 2.00pm - Calling Mr Smith; Operation Arsenal (Akcja pod Arsenalem)
      > Screening in the Preview Cinema in the All Saints' Annexe
      >
      > Tuesday 18 – Wednesday 19 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Diary of a Polish Airman (March 1942); Polish Sailor
      (1942)
      > 12noon - German Amateur Film Record of Warsaw in 1940; Tale of a
      City
      > 2.00pm - Calling Mr Smith; Operation Arsenal (Akcja pod Arsenalem)
      >
      > Thursday 20 – Saturday 22 September
      >
      > 11.00am - La Polonaise – Hymn of Freedom; Polish Bombers Holiday
      > 12noon - White Eagle: August 1940- March 1941
      > 2.00pm - Lesni (Soldiers in the Woods); Guiseppe in Warsaw
      (Giuseppe
      > w Warszawie)
      >
      > Sunday 23 – Wednesday 26 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Polish Film Magazine No. 1; Polish Film Magazine No. 2;
      > Polish Film Magazine No. 3
      > 12noon - The Siege of Tobruk; Polish Carpathian Brigade in the
      > Middle East, 1940-1943
      > 2.00pm - Unfinished Journey; Battle for Monte Cassino (Bitwa o
      Monte
      > Cassino)
      > 3.30pm - General Sikorski's Scotsmen
      >
      > Thursday 27 – Saturday 29 September
      >
      > 11.00am - The Siege of Tobruk; Polish Carpathian Brigade in the
      > Middle East, 1940-1943
      > 12noon - Unfinished Journey; Battle for Monte Cassino (Bitwa o
      Monte
      > Cassino)
      > 3.00pm - Calling Mr Smith; Passenger (Pasa¿erka)
      >
      > Sunday 30 September
      >
      > 11.00am - Orzel Bialy (The White Eagle); Salut Dla Garlanda (Salute
      > for the Garland)
      > 12noon - General Sikorski's Scotsmen
      > 2.00pm - Poles Weigh Anchor; A Bridge too Far
      >
      > Wednesday 3 October
      >
      > 11.00am - Orzel Bialy (The White Eagle); Salut Dla Garlanda (Salute
      > for the Garland)
      > 12noon - General Sikorski's Scotsmen
      > 2.00pm - Poles Weigh Anchor; A Bridge too Far
      >
      > Thursday 4 – Sunday 7 October
      >
      > 11.00am - UFA Auslandstonwoche Nr 422; Katyn Forest (Las katyñski)
      > 12.30pm - Indian News Parade No. 62; A Forgotten Odyssey
      > 2.00pm - War Pictorial News No. 190 (Lublin); All That Really
      > Matters (Wszystko, conajwa¿niejsze)
      >
      > Monday 8 - Wednesday 10 October
      >
      > 11.00am - Poland's New Front; Przsiegamy Ziemi Polskiej…(We Swear
      > to Poland, Our Motherland..); Polska Wolczaca (Fighting Poland
      No.1)

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2007
        Wandziu it is my plan, I am also hoping to bring our mamusia if she is up for it.
        Dziekuje za odpowiedz i do zobaczenia.. Thank you for your prompt attention and an answer to my question. See you in October.
        Krystyna

        <thymetrax@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > 3.00pm - Z Ziemi Wloskiej Do Polskiej (From Italy to Poland);
        > Lamsdorf 1870-1945 Poland) From Italy to Poland
        >
        > Thursday 11 October
        >
        > Screenings in the Preview Cinema in the All Saints' Annexe
        >
        > 11.00am - Orzel Bialy (The White Eagle); Salut Dla Garlanda (Salute
        > for the Garland)
        > 12noon - General Sikorski's Scotsmen; I Was a Soldier (Bylem
        > ¿o³nierzem)
        > 2.00pm - Poles Weigh Anchor; A Bridge too Far
        >
        > Friday 12 October
        >
        > 11.00am - Poland's New Front; Przsiegamy Ziemi Polskiej…(We Swear
        > to Poland, Our Motherland..); Polska Wolczaca (Fighting Poland
        No.1)
        > 12noon - Bitwa o Kolobrzeg (Battle of Kolberg);Zaglada Berlina
        (Last
        > Days of Berlin)
        > 3.00pm - Z Ziemi Wloskiej Do Polskiej (From Italy to Poland);

      • Elzbieta Gurtler-Krawczynska
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 18, 2007
          Hello Jan, Hello All
          Please help and explain how to get the film 'The Other Truth', the
          second film by Jagna and
          Aneta . I was able to show twice AFO in Atlanta, GA in 2003 and 2005.
          I hope there is a chance and time to show the other one.
          Best regards,
          Elzbieta Gurtler-Krawczynska
          Atlanta , GA USA
          PS Is there any way to borrow film "The Siege of Tobruk; Polish
          Carpathian Brigade in the
          Middle East, 1940-1943" from Film Archives, Imperial War Museum. My
          father Edward Jakub Gurtler was in Tobruk with Polish Carpathian Brigade
          and I would like to see it...

        • Linder Ladbrooke
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
            Elzbeta,

            Aneta is away in Poland working at the moment. As soon as she's back, she will ring me.
            I am holding a list of folk's that want to buy films from her and am passing them on to her deal with ASAP. If you want to email her directly, her email is;' aneta1@...' - for everyone.

            As far as I know, Mathew Lee at Britisjh War Museum doesn't let films out, they have regular assorted film showings to groups on their premises.

            Linder

          • Elzbieta Gurtler-Krawczynska
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 19, 2007
              Linder,
              Thank you very much,
              please add my name to your list. I would like to buy film from her. It
              looks she is very busy presently..
              I am not an easy writer but I would like to thank you for your vit,
              knowledge and incredible will power. In the next couple weeks I have to
              decide about my planned trip to Kazakhstan (to go or not to go?) Trip
              ( organized group) planned from Poland, from Warsaw to Astana, 4 days on
              train. First I have to reach Warsaw from Atlanta, USA. It is so far.
              Different places are covered by not Aktubinsk. Have to think about that
              and discussed with someone - brave traveler..
              Dziekuje bardzo za ciekawe email listy. K-S jest wspaniala grupa.
              Elzbieta,